Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:16:49 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Wish list
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 11930 times)
Kontis
High Member

« on: November 13, 2008, 03:48:23 pm »

Changes I'd like to see:

(Just thought I could propose something instead of criticizing.)

a. A command to ignore certain character.
b. A command to remain silent when attacked by player.

c. Whisper should not make person step out of shadows. You should not notice whispers from someone you cannot see to a third person.
d. When executing pmote command "A's" should be replaced with "your" for character A.

Some commands should have their priority lowered ("fl" should be read as "flee" and not "flute", "wea" should be "wear" and not "weather", "p" should be "put" etc.)

a. Cityguards in Arkham, Nethosak should not hunt criminals.
b. Instead they could attack enemies of Takhisis clan (marked so by members).

Would be nice to have a couple more backways (large loops on the map).

a. Half-elves could be able to be necromancers and outcasts.
b. Kenders should not be priests or mages.
c. Dwarves should not be assassins.

7. Outcasts: at high ranks can rely on strength only due too many too easily available saves, especially dark elves.
a. Spell damages should be improved somewhat.
b. Slaves should stay with you longer (maybe int-dependent, like 10 + 2*Int - slave's Int ).
c. More enslaved animals should let their master mount them.
d. Some insights (like acid arrow -> acid blast) would be very nice.
e. A libram "Blood groove" temporarily adding to an already corrupted weapon (dagger, sword, possibly axe) a life-draining property.

8. Necromancers: Too weak at high ranks, too strong at middle. I propose
a. Make ghoul flesh (and maybe cone of acid) insight-dependent.
b. Allow them create less undeads, but make them stronger and more dependent on type of creature they are made of.
Maybe like this:
- 2 undeads maximum no matter to the type (1 before 20th rank)
- skeletons - weak attacks, normal resists, hp = 1/3 of creature's hp, may use weapons and shields, rescue.
- zombies - stronger attacks, some resists are based on resists creature had, hp = 2/3 of creature's, keep using the creature's items if they were not looted (but not able to wear anything).
- mummies - strong attacks, high resists, may use weapons and shields (possibly some other item types), hp = ( 1/2 of creature's + 20*level ) but no more than some 3000; mummies made from players retain a few class-depending abilities and use them automatically, like:
ex-fighters - dual wield, extra attack, body crush, rescue (on demand)
ex-rangers - dirt kick, dual wield, bash, overhead
ex-knights - dual wield, disarm, riposte, rescue (on demand)
ex-outcasts - dual wield, cross slice, blindness, poison
ex-thieves - trip, hide, sneak, undercut
ex-assassins - throw, ground control, dual wield, iron strike
ex-druids - dirt kick, pugil, geyser, stand off
ex-clerics - protection good, harm, some undead curing spell (also cures other undead), frenzy (on demand)
ex-transmuters - faerie fire, magic missile, blink, fly (on demand)
ex-invokers - earthmaw, icicle, magic missile, lightning bolt
ex-necromancers - energy drain, chill touch, magic missile, pass door
(Another approach: make mummies retain 3 completely random skills/spells/empowers and use them on demand only.)
+ parry, dodge, shield block, enhanced damage for all.

c. No help files on new spells yet.

9. Transmuters, abjuration:
a. I wish there was a gold-lettered spellbook with room-range slow.

b. There should be a command switching between aggressive and nonaggressive casting.
Nonaggressive casting does not cast spell on those who do not trust caster, and aggressive tries to do so causing a fight. Spells affected: slow, shrink, enlarge, maybe haste.

10. ... and maybe word of recall. For this, there should be an option for any player to come to city administration office and choose to be homeless (so word of recall would not work at all).

a. Clerics of Hiddukel must have ways to steal gold. (Or did I overlook one?)

b. Clerics of Sargonnas really should have enhanced damage. It's not about making them stronger, something (fireballs casted by elementals?) may be got from them in exchange.
c. Also poison+weaken could be exchanged for something like room-ranged blinding fire spell. Or a cloud of smoke (analog to venomous cloud, blinding or blinding/poisoning or blinding/making thirstier).
d. Create water and create spring could be removed from them as well.

12. Invokers: have a number of useless books and own spells, some could be fixed:
a. mana burn - as far as I know is too weak
b. shatterstone - should do something to ironskin, too (or is it already?)
c. airbolt - could have a chance of pushing flying opponents away at some random (or even chosen by invoker) direction
d. incendiary cloud - could be even more expensive, time consuming, and powerful.

13. Knights: I hate them for being able to bury crucified bodies and sanctify evil items. I'd like (a) first ability to be removed, and (b) second to be replaced with something else.

14. Rangers:
animal call could be replaced by tame.

15. Feats:
a. Could be made like twice more effective (and four times more expensive) and balanced a bit (or maybe some new could be added?) to eliminate obvious choices.
b. From what I know, golem lord is useless now.

16. Would be nice to have some new spellbooks available for those who already have another spellbook spell mastered. Particularly
a. enchant armor -> improved enchant armor (never ruins item, adds some random minor enchantments like those in popping artifacts, until some limit for additions is reached)
b. acid fingers -> corrode armor -> acid spray (armor-corroding damaging spell, can destroy non-limited non-artifact non-proof items and worsen any non-proof)
c. deafen (+100% lightning bolt) -> thundercrash (room-range sound damage spell, deafening (checks fortitude) with a chance to stun for one round + area-range message)

17. Would be nice if anti-storing system was more transparent (maybe even make people aware of the time when they are going to lose everything if they are not back) and more virulent.

And  0: lims should be usable at any rank (after 10).
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:11 pm »

Not bad  Wink really not bad.. cant say I agree with all above but bunch of ideas are very intresting indeed.
Ready to discuss and can give a lot of advices what and how would be better to implement.. coz i know the game  Wink
...surely if anyone need it.

For the darkness! Angry
dedraelos
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 06:36:56 pm »

Actually, I hate to do this but I have to agree with Unreal )))

There are a lot of good ideas here, maybe not all are good, but most are.
bluesky

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:48:33 pm »

It took an hour to write this?  Grin
1a. No need. If you want to ignore somebody, you don't need any commands. Simply do not respond.
If it is because of spam, then spammer can make char with different name and spam you again and so on. Better solution is maybe to make telepathy command, unaffected to quiet command and gives you right to select chars who can speak with you by telepathy. What, is this fantasy mud or not?  Grin The others who are not in your list of favourite telepathy chars, can not commune with you when quiet is active.
1b. How will others know what is going on then?  Grin
3. alias f flee, simple. Wear is often word in english, probably thats why letters are nearby on keyboard. Put is short word, no need for abreviated version.
Examples are not well chosen, but this problem exists and this is good idea.
4. *applauds*  Grin
5. It would be nice, if  the world is spherical.
7. Dunno about this, after new chages and hell ball, perhaps dark elves can do decent damage? I saw three mangles, it is is about 270 damage ie unspeak with only one spell...
7e. I am not sure here what is life draining for you, is it vampiric weapon or undead drain? You are drained of life, that is message for UD. should be manual of vampiric weapon, or so. This is an equivalent for knight's manual of divine weapon and it is good idea.
8. I would just add, and one manual that allows you to make no limited number of  skeletons of real players.  Grin
9. Too powerful.
10. whats the point? When you die, your eq goes to nonamed pit.  Grin
11. and transform own gold to mana, yep  Grin
12.a It is not, it was destroying 60 mana.
13.b hmm, so outcasts can corrupt items, and knights can not sanctify it? Though old knights were not able to do it...anyway i think outcasts have better manuals than knights, so for balance, knights shouldnt be weakened.
15. already told
and this took exactly 29 minutes.  Grin

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:03:11 pm »

- I have destroyed a sand castle in 1 minute that took 2 hours to make... 27 minutes to pee on a science project isnt so fast.

Here is a famous quote from a "famous" Western philosopher

"It is much easier to destroy then to create, easier to pull the trigger then to play the guitar" - The Mariachi(Desperado) jk Tongue

- all kidding aside, good to see some new ideas

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
bluesky

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:34:13 pm »

Anyway i commented only perhaps 15% of ideas, the rest is probably ok!

Let's  have a drink sometimes, you and me...  Wink

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:24:06 am by bluesky » Logged

and they flew.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:35:41 pm »

Please, stick to the topic or I will delete messages.
Kage

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 10:14:04 pm »

-  Hello Nierth, my bane, my curse, my love  Wink

11a. Cleric of hiddukel can transfer items, which is better then gold, and items can be sold for gold.  You suggesting a skill for just relieving foes of gold?  perhaps ..but no steal. 

I think sirrion (trade more fire damage with energy, fire too easy to resist) and majere (make swipe useable mounted or enhanced damage with staff)  clerics could use more attention before hiddukel, he has nice powers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:56:30 am by Kage » Logged

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Kontis
High Member

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:51 pm »

Bluesky,

1a. - No, it's not only about spammers. I think it's nice feature. Yes, I know how to make my client ignore tells, but what if I want a person know he is now ignored? Tell him? *yawn*

1b. - It is their problem. Most of people won't bother to turn "noyell" on, I believe

3. I know how to write aliases, too. It is not a reason to let obsolete command have such high priority. Of course changing this makes sense if it is not too hard.

5. If you didn't notice, there are some loops already. Could have been more.

7. I believe this was against failed saves and weak resists. And if you think that 270 HP is UNSPEAK...  maybe you should learn more about the game before participating in such topics? No offence.

7e. Yes, I mean manual for vampiric weapon.

9a. Depends on implementation.

10. As always - neutral pit in Pal. Point is to avoid being recalled against your will.

12a. 60 mana! How awful! Everyone must flee in terror. BTW, spell costs 50 mana and 2 rounds of lag.

13. I didn't mean knights should be weakened. Let them "bless" items, for example (makes item anti-evil and adds something) - just not anti-good items.
Knights should not use or help someone to use some non-conventional weapons, or get their hands dirty by touching something that was corrupted.

bluesky

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:16 am »

Alright, thanks for explanation of things that were not so clear to me.
I should learn more about the game, true.
270 damage is decent anyway.
How much is unspeak, professor?   Grin

Kage, i was not calling you for drink, but why not... Grin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:33:52 am by bluesky » Logged

and they flew.
Kontis
High Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:59 am »

Bluesky,
It's unspeakable.

270 is decent (>>> ANNIHILATE <<< actually). But if we are going to base our propositions on one single hell ball we both should be disqualified.

I was playing a hero outcast about a year ago and not for so long, so began forgetting things. As far as I remember, the problem was that my draconian outcast with 3 empower spells was about as good at spell damage as minotaur colleagues.
Which is enough for minotaur or draconian, but dark elf should have more. Looks like dependence on Int should be made more pronounce (as it is with other classes). Need to check that yet.

I figure that their spell damage is depending on Wis and not Int, which would have explained all. And easy to fix. With a consequent adjusting maybe.
I'll test this and report as a bug if I am correct.
- Seems wrong

Thank you.

Kage,
I agree they are nice. But they can steal only items and their ability seems to check saves, which means you'll hardly be able to steal anything decent at hero ranks. So some way of relieving opponents from gold (I did not mean this had to be named "steal") would be appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:49:12 pm by Kontis » Logged
Kage

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 09:53:44 pm »

- Hiddukel priest gets hoarding  Tongue

bluesky

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 11:57:14 am »

what hoarding
wait a minute, didnt we say some time ago about those hiddukel clerics that they should have something like illusionary aura, and inherit some of ex entropy empowers and ability to pretend to   be cleric of any other god, by changing their tatto.  That should be enough. If coder(s) agree with this.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:59:11 am by bluesky » Logged

and they flew.
Biopower
Premium Member

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »

Eh, Entropy was the funniest organization!
Kage

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 05:38:19 pm »

what hoarding
wait a minute, didnt we say some time ago about those hiddukel clerics that they should have something like illusionary aura, and inherit some of ex entropy empowers and ability to pretend to   be cleric of any other god, by changing their tatto.  That should be enough. If coder(s) agree with this.

- Hoarding is Hiddukel priest ability that states something like " when a normal man finds one coin, a hiddukel cleric finds two" and Hiddy clerics get illusionary aura.  Have you played one? 

They are quite irritating and are experts in harassment as well as versatile combat...ask Kbaot Tongue

p.s. skills like gold shard (double damage type spell), illusionary aura (free block), demon strength (free enhanced damage), Cure mortal wounds (evil cleric with powerful healing), and transfer object (Can be spammed and your not squishy like thief so you just keep doing it til you get an item)  Hiddy is great cleric IMO, too bad I hate playin evils

Kontis
High Member

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »

Yes, I like the idea of Hidd's clerics having doppleganger, maybe mirror, and maybe disperse (of course I'd prefer Entropy to be back, but this does not seem likely).

Hoarding is very nice skill, but still a way to steal coins would be useful. Though yes, doppleganger is another solution to the problem.

And I agree that cleric is good enough, but reverse transfer object is relatively useless. Which makes him just one more combat cleric.
Kage

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 08:04:54 pm »

- Since when did greed and the purpose of relieving gold and riches from the unworthy for the God Hiddukel become synonymous with the Chaotic life of entropy?  Greed driving your actions is rather purposeful and serving a god goes against anything Anarchy based IMO.  Transfer object can be used over and over, flee and spam, flee and spam.  Shroud, illusionary aura, parry, shield block make many attempts possible and when in danger just gate, recall , teleport etc.  It is not a useless skill at all.  Just because it doesnt work everytime means nothing.

- Make " I *heart* entropy thread please instead of masking it as a hiddukel post.

Kontis
High Member

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 09:09:31 pm »

Doppelganger is very suitable spell for clerics of Hiddukel. As a way to cheat others.

"flee and spam"? Impossible. Obviously you did not play cleric of Hiddukel. Learn more before arguing.

And a thread is about changes I'd like to see, why cannot I add one more - "bring Entropy back"? I wouldn't because it makes little sense, especially now, but there is such wish in my list.

As well as "bring bards back".
Kontis
High Member

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 05:10:58 pm »

One more idea, this time more general.

18. There could be another sort of books (I'll call them "ancient books" here) with one distinguishing feature: you can only know what's inside when you read it.
This allows:
1) Adding many powerful skills and spells without ruining the game balance.
I personally hope to see the skills/spells you can only learn when you learned/mastered a few other spells, including some from other books.

2) More character diversity

3) A solid currency (based on the fact that everyone has a chance to learn something useful from such book)

Some details (just a draft):
- should be added to the old books system (not replace it)
- but there should be a chance to find "common" book spell in the ancient one
- some permanent or temporary changes similar to manuals of life/.../stone/.../insanity could be possible, too
- the amount of spells/skills available for each class only via ancient books should not be announced (but the minimum should be made nonzero as soon as possible)
- additional racial skills?
- currently useless spells from books could be a) made a part of some interesting knowledge branches or b) moved to the ancient books with greatly increasing their power.

Update:
- (from arre) some random negative effects. Most simple - vulnerabilities to dam types
- permanent change in resistances: type1: +x , type2: –x (maybe +x+a / –x, a<5 ).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:09:09 pm by Kontis » Logged
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 05:32:53 pm »

- some random negative effects. Most simple - vulnerabilities to dam types.

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length