Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:27:10 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  2 short reraid (5 days old)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 2 short reraid (5 days old)  (Read 26757 times)
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 02:15:23 pm »

i told you! i told you!  Grin
..so long time ago.. they killed my necros  Undecided

So I guess necro goes to recycling bin along with the morgion and sirrion clerics. And to not be mistaken, this class can be powerful at middle ranks, but at middle ranks people are vastly unprepared and in transition phase, so its not challenge at all to kill someone...

What a pitty for such an interesting class(and very hard at the same time) to be utterly destroyed by noobs.
andy

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 02:57:47 pm »

Just join The cult of dead and you'll became a lich with permanent shroud and many other undead bonuses Grin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:59:43 pm by andy » Logged
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 04:58:42 pm »

Just join The cult of dead

bwahaha  Grin

For the darkness! Angry
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 06:44:18 pm »

is cone of acid useless at high ranks ?

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 06:55:07 pm »

is cone of acid useless at high ranks ?

You can't outdamage anyone with it
bluesky

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:57 pm »

This is just good team work, no overpower of heretics clan here because it is reraid and reraid sucks for reraider but its good fun for defenders as always Smiley
I don't know about necromancer class... they've lost mummies strength and it can only take blows now to save master. They were hitting mangles, now devastate and mutilate but they got something else. I thought it was too much for realm in which there are 4-5 players to fight with necro with 4 so strong mobs and enemy player. There were good necros with new necro class though. Skills given to today's necro i was proposing for Zeboim clerics (acid damage and pets). Personally i don't care for kind of necromancer - old or new, but since there are unsatisfied people, couldn't be two kinds of necromancer - offensive (old) and defensive (new) and player choose on start which one he will be? Like two kind of transmuter mages... just a thought passing by me...

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
bluesky

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:50 pm »

P.S. Goshke is gnome and vulnerable to mummies

LOL, elemental shields give him phisical resistance and he has 40% resist bash Smiley
And that FORGET spell made me lose duel with Zander  Tongue

and they flew.
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 09:19:57 pm »

How can you say good teamwork? Where is tactics and combos? I see only hitting pincer button and brutal damage(comes from ignoring your aura) for that you need exactly one alias. Maybe you didnt show full log....Also when both sides are with powers(heretics and tower) heretics dominate by wide margin(have logs to prove it), simply because they outdamage you and you cant use your hardest hitting spells(you must resort to fireball all the time).Dont you remember that you and me both couldnt kill Hoomg out of multiple tries?

As for necromancer, first of I never seen them do damage in caps (MUTILATE or higher) to a player. If you dont believe me lets make log and I will show it here. Also you know that dracolich which is strongest minion did devastates to you, but hit you only once in fight.

You know why you lost duel, because you havent bothered to use hardest hitting spells(sheet, enhanced fireball, firechain).Forget landing on you is during a fight that lasted for at least 7-8 rounds(imposibility with invoker) due to you not using best spells. Also forget landing through many saves is same chance like hold person so sums up to pure luck. I dont know why you bring up this example.

I know Goshke has shields but its the exactly same damage I made to everyone I dueled with, I will repeat I never saw MUTILATE or higher damage coming from mummies(or draco) on a player character.

bluesky

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »

I think its intended by developer that heretic win against mage in most of cases, it should be so because they are specialized to fight mages, while mages are not specialized to fight heretics, they fight everybody and have no such specialization.

I just want to say about necros that there is manual to improve rank of mummies (somebody confirm or deny it), but it is pointless manual now, when mummies are capped on 35. This manual should do something else, someting useful.

and they flew.
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 11:52:53 pm »

I think its intended by developer that heretic win against mage in most of cases, it should be so because they are specialized to fight mages

Ok I can get along with this...

I guess mages are then by same reason specialized to easily kill someone else and that is ?

If there is no such clan(class) then its called imbalance.

Enough complaining from me, I will shut up now

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 11:55:41 pm »

Solace isn't balanced in many aspects. It's a known fact and it is meant to be that way, as many imms already have confirmed such.

Just compare cleric of Sirrion with invoker.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 01:05:46 am »

Solace isn't balanced in many aspects. It's a known fact and it is meant to be that way

Ok why then nerf the necro, isnt that try to balance things out ?
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 01:23:07 am »

Hey don't ask me. I don't like the new necromancer either!  Grin
I've had some necromancers in my past... but never since they changed.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 01:32:01 am »

My impression is that the removal of Toughness feat was already a good nerf for necromancers.
Maybe make them as they were, with the exception that mummies cannot rescue, only dracolich.

rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 02:03:12 am »

Hm interesting thoughts, and by the way the skill bluesky talks about is negative forces and I think it increases level of mummies but Im not sure either.
andy

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »

Solace isn't balanced in many aspects. It's a known fact and it is meant to be that way, as many imms already have confirmed such.

Just compare cleric of Sirrion with invoker.

Sirrion priest rules  Smiley) Give me a heretic! I'll cut his head!  Grin Grin Grin Wink
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 08:35:36 pm »

main strategy for new necros is: blind, rescue, cone till death. If no blind -  a necro is dead. Simple as that. You couldn't kill hoomg due to his uncanny dodge and porcelain mask. Try to catch him on reraid with the wall and golem wielding whips. Unless fighting a shadow heretic, efb is the cure for fists. As for warpaint being imbalanced : out of 4 colours, only two are useful and it isn't the white or the red colour. And yes, new necros can hold ground against every class, you just need to have enough experience playing them.

As for the reraid log, it looks to me that siburg took 3 weapon focus axe feats and he's somewhere between +120 -150 dr, so it is normal to do === to his opponents.

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:16 pm »

As for the reraid log, it looks to me that siburg took 3 weapon focus axe feats and he's somewhere between +120 -150 dr, so it is normal to do === to his opponents.

Yeah it seems almost certain that he took 3 weapon focus.

These 2 quotes:
main strategy for new necros is: blind, rescue, cone till death. If no blind -  a necro is dead.
and
And yes, new necros can hold ground against every class, you just need to have enough experience playing them.

Sorry but these 2 quotes are somewhat contradictory.You claim that they can hold ground against anyone. Just out of curiosity, have you played new necro ? Or you are just theorizing? Show me some logs of people owning with them(hero level) so a noob like me can learn something.

Just comparing to other classes it is fairly obvious that necro has no holding capabilities(like mace swing, bash, pincer, throw, hold person,latch etc etc) and no burst capabilities(heretics outrage, invokers spells, rage of wolverine,ambush...). Those 2 things(holds or burst) are things that kill in pk. Class without one of them will not be able to compete plain and simple. Only as a support class, and we all know how great of support is necro.All said applies at hero level, I dont deny that necro is good pk class at middle ranks.

Tell me what prevents you from simply fleeing from necro when your hp is low? If you die in such case then its only you to blame.

In the other mud I was playing, necro like class had web spell(for hold) and about the same minion capabilities as necros in solace nowadays and noone considered it overpowered. So there are constructive thoughts for you to think about Wink

arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 12:51:33 am »

pwk, decent defense, mobs to rescue, combat casting feat. 5 pwk per combat.. can be worth it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:05:01 am by arre » Logged

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 12:58:40 am »

pwk ?

had no luck yet. >10 tries
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length