Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:12:09 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  For compare :))
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For compare :))  (Read 8958 times)
Areth

« on: October 14, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »

will post an old log while mud does not works, so you can compare current tower vs heretics and previous:

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/logs/lview2.php?log=203

arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:38:24 pm »

old necros were overpowered. New necros are ordinary.

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:25:17 am »

yeah... seeing this log... that is what I think too...

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
zondra

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:27:56 am »

i don see old necros too over powered. any necro with full army that gear, and sanc is going to be strong.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:33:47 am »

I don't think you even need gear... all you need is full army.
There are very long logs of olden days that serve as proof that necromancers were at least a bit overpowered.
And I am not saying this because "I am a whining noob", like some would like to think... I liked the necromancer of before...

The big solution, in my opinion, for almost all of solace's disbalance problems is to make equipment something less important in someone's strength. Make the difference between non-limited items and limited items smaller, remove autocasting... etc...

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
zondra

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:03:06 am »

the point of limited gear is the better player for explore more are stronger. that is what makes them good. if all gear was so close. and outcast with an axe could kill anyone. of course some classes need gear more than others. but i don't think a necro is over powered. summon a necro away from zombies and see how long he last. i will say that the mummies were little strong or had little too much hp.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 03:59:19 am »

- Now people need to define the difference between ... some random noob necro... and the old death machine "lich".  If the population was normal... many would hate and hunt any necro/lich and the old necro would seem possibly still OP but less dramatic.

- Since we play in a small sandbox, old necro/lich seemed OP since if you got summoned + slept you were dead.  There is not a population to sustain a lich, since it will grow boring for them with nothing to kill... And too hard to group up to scare her off.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 04:12:41 am »

And too hard to group up to scare her off.

Why does a necro have to be a she? What you trying to say?

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 04:17:59 am »

History proves strongest necro's were always females... Narin, Lyeine... for some reason, Unreal likes to pretend he is a girl. Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:33:16 am by Argonar » Logged

unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 04:22:39 am »

History proves strongest necro's were always females... Narin, Lyeine... for some reason, Unreal likes to pretend he is a girl. Grin

damn you revealed my secret at least!!!
yes, im a girl!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:26:40 am by unreal » Logged

For the darkness! Angry
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 04:23:14 am »

The big solution, in my opinion, for almost all of solace's disbalance problems is to make equipment something less important in someone's strength.

Couldnt agree more
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 07:20:53 am »

- Since we play in a small sandbox, old necro/lich seemed OP since if you got summoned + slept you were dead.  There is not a population to sustain a lich, since it will grow boring for them with nothing to kill... And too hard to group up to scare her off.

Somewhat related... is again the fact that Solace needs more players... I remember those days in which you could not chose between ranking in mermaids, or pax, or elsewhere... your group simply went to the place that wasn't already packed with players (if such places existed). Now... even evil chars are as friendly as a fruitcake, because there is hardly ever anyone to travel with.

K0nunG
Premium Member

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 09:48:19 am »

Well, Solace was balanced never. Necros were quite ok...  Morgions, sins, outs, necros, vokers.... all of them...  I wonder who would be next? Moreover, balance is slightly moved towards Light, 'cause pure evil classes were nerfed mostly...

I dislike current svs system which could make you near invincible to all maladictive magic. Maybe lets divide saving throws for PVP and PVM? PVM is pretty well now, PVP svs should be weakened IMHO to give a chance to some classes who are "smoking" at hero ranks now.

— Откуда у тебя топор?
— Мне королева эльфов дала.
— Зашибись! А топор-то откуда?
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 11:39:19 am »

(That would be fixed if equip wasn't so imba...)

One suggestion for improving save system is making spellcasting more dependant on sheer luck...
If maladictions is now dependant on 5% luck and 95% enemies saving throw, make it dependant 70% on enemies saving throw and 30% on luck, for example.

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 08:34:26 pm »

and when you're talking about "changes" let me propose for the hundredth time the change which would allow the spellcasters to feel the exquisite pleasure of failing spells at 100%. And I'm not talking about offensive spells or maledictions, but defensive spells as well.

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 08:49:38 pm »

Solace is never balanced, saves system is always full of fail, sounds familiar Wink On the topic though, saves system was _almost_ redone a couple of times, but it's risky business...
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 01:24:13 am »

and when you're talking about "changes" let me propose for the hundredth time the change which would allow the spellcasters to feel the exquisite pleasure of failing spells at 100%. And I'm not talking about offensive spells or maledictions, but defensive spells as well.

How about a strangle that is skill and has 5 times more chances to land than sleep for example considering victim in both cases has saves. Or dirt kick (checks race size ?). Many skills are working better then spells(at 100%) so are we gonna balance that out to?
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 05:39:54 am »

much more skills dont working like a spells at 100%. much more.

For the darkness! Angry
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »

How about a strangle that is skill and has 5 times more chances to land than sleep for example considering victim in both cases has saves. Or dirt kick (checks race size ?). Many skills are working better then spells(at 100%) so are we gonna balance that out to?

Strangle has nothing to do with saves. It has a great deal of dependencies upon size (and their difference), mounts and some spells.

You may want to source dive into open MUDs (http://ftp://ftpgame.org/pub/mud/diku/merc/rom/tartarus/tartarus.tgz) to find out more about the way -some- MERC ROM MUDs work.

I put stress I don't have any slightest idea whether Solace has own way of how strangle works.

All words above are products of my ill imagination and based solely on my own game experience Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:29:43 pm by Quino » Logged

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length