Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:17 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  return of assassinate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: return of assassinate  (Read 7661 times)
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« on: August 31, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »

present assassinate skill is something strange...

you prepare small crossbow and fire at victime - is it assassinate? it s ranger like shooting...

you prepare deadly noose - is also something cobar like lasso

assassinate was always just snap neck skill

now from side of balance warriors who are death machines itselves have cleave, have it sence? without any preparations and they can move with it...

assassins was always class that should be make deadly strike, and now they just puppy...

there s simple and logical way to balance and return skill assassinate, make it possible only if person is sleeping... it have sence  - you can try to kill instantly sleeping person, even you are trained for it.

so - there are a lot of way to avoid strangle - mounting, enlarge...

unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:43 am »

i was waiting for it  Grin
you brought your wish to easy_kill through the f*cking years: http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/index.php/topic,4416.msg23470.html#msg23470

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:19:42 am by unreal » Logged

For the darkness! Angry
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:48:06 am »

as always

just i have not autoskill gopa irc connect, so i need something instead of it Smiley

but okey, nobody will care or return old fashioned assassinate i know, posted just to check is someone online, and it is... catched, now i know enough

p.s. you see someone wield honour face axe just because he hate easy kill with all his munchkin heart Smiley
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »

it is strange, but I follow Unreal.

Reading topic name, I have already anticipated to meet Dehucka as it's author)

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
kozyapalit

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:56:38 pm »

i see nothing changed
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 02:39:47 pm »

i see nothing changed

yea, kozya still palit  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Grin

For the darkness! Angry
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »

i see nothing changed

Off topic : kodzya, priveeeeeet:))
kozyapalit

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »

ksyaaaka )
bluesky

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 09:40:20 pm »

assassins was always class that should be make deadly strike, and now they just puppy...
Yet, there are so many assassins in realm nowdays, which means it still has to offer a lot. If assassins were just puppies, i guess nobody would play it.
For example, as druid, my pk life consist only of fighting assasins : there is Zuggroth, Iroh, Qyayad and one more i cant remember atm. I survived mostly because od healing druid robes. So they are still force to be reckon. Also, being hidden always looked to me like great advantage.

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
"Come to the edge," he said.
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
Proph

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 11:24:43 pm »

I'm on both sides of this issue.

Assassins are still an incredibly fun and versatile class, but assassinate is all but useless. I don't want to spam free instakills, I just want something that actually helps me in battle. For such a high-level skill it's so disappointing.

Assassin is all about strangle, nerve, blind, poison etc before a fight, but assassinate gets in the way of that and it puts you out in the open for hours beforehand (which is ludicrous for an assassin).

I'm sure it has its uses (like clan wars), but so far it's been a waste of practice.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
zondra

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 01:38:31 am »

I'm on both sides of this issue.

Assassins are still an incredibly fun and versatile class, but assassinate is all but useless. I don't want to spam free instakills, I just want something that actually helps me in battle. For such a high-level skill it's so disappointing.

Assassin is all about strangle, nerve, blind, poison etc before a fight, but assassinate gets in the way of that and it puts you out in the open for hours beforehand (which is ludicrous for an assassin).

I'm sure it has its uses (like clan wars), but so far it's been a waste of practice.

Waste of practice, ...please just have to prep where you know battle will be, i saw niano use it on stacked knight in sol,and Midjesh and at least two others, just have to plan
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:58 am »

Well. Assassinate is useless. Well, imagine, I raid clan, and sit near my outer waiting reraid, preparing assassinate. I cant hide. 3 ticks I cant do anything, no other skills, spells. So I am unperpared sitting near outer, then enemy comes and attack me first (come and spamm attack).
So give me even hide skill to work while preparing.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:25:41 am »

you prepare small crossbow and fire at victime - is it assassinate? it s ranger like shooting...

you prepare deadly noose - is also something cobar like lasso

assassinate was always just snap neck skill

Such a limited view of what should be an assassination.
It's a game of patience. As it should be.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:58:12 am »

i'd add it's game of brains too Wink though some people are still trying to ask to fix absence of brains by changing of the code.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:05:44 pm by unreal » Logged

For the darkness! Angry
zondra

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »

i'd add it's game of brains too Wink though some people are still trying to ask to fix absence of brains by changing of the code.

Yea both points true, nothing wrong with class, they are already borderline overpower now
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:57:33 pm »

Mighty Unreal, give some advices how to use assasinate then in here.
zondra

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »

Pm niano ask him, i hate insta kills, fighter with nightmare blade cleave,  naked necro pwk, it should be hard to insta kill, you're shadow in heretics dont complain you should be pk machine, watch how mulka kills everyone
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:26 pm »

1404/1404hp 636/636m 284mv Exits:EW>
assassinate sharoth
With silent and deadly grace slip from the shadows and hurl a razor-edged knife at Sharoth.
Your knife flies with deadly accuracy, severing Sharoth's jugular vein in a fountain of blood.
Sharoth gurgles and clutches at the blade, falling to his knees, but it is too late.
Sharoth's decapitated head falls onto the ground with a wet splat.

1414/1414hp 596/646m 284mv Exits:EW>
assassinate bull
With silent and deadly grace slip from the shadows and hurl a razor-edged knife at an enraged bull.
Your knife flies with deadly accuracy, severing an enraged bull's jugular vein in a fountain of blood.
An enraged bull gurgles and clutches at the blade, falling to his knees, but it is too late.
Blood spurts and splashes as an enraged bull's heart is torn from his chest.
A bracelet made from seahorses flashes brightly and vaporizes.

this is one reraid of two Tower mages (Sharoth & Misoth) from one heretic assassin. actually first and the last my assassin after they were changed - i found them pretty nice and had lots of fun while playing this humble assassin.. i was planning the traps, stalking preys, watching their movement through the world and so on - that's great fun when you get success in the end of your hunt!

And now let's return old assassinate? All you'll get is f*cking annoying fly Griyam, who's running around any cristmass tree and repeatedly checking instant kill? no, thanks. though actually i dont care, because i'm not that one who lost even a coin to him and because i'm not planning to play at all  Grin

For the darkness! Angry
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

- Ill not post the "effect" of a failed assassinate but perhaps there should be more clear levels of "success" or failure.

1) critical failure....no kill,  no damage, no debuff
2) failure .... No kill, no damage but debuff
3) minor success ....damage + debuff but no kill
4) success..... Great damage + additional debuffs but no kill
5) crit success ..... Instakill

- Skill feels fine, reward preparation etc.  perhaps only tweak id suggest is a adjustment to debuff and damage factor .  For example " you knife flies with great accuracy but the puppy moves at the last second but the knife cuts deep.....Puppy is ***Mangled*** and begins to limp"

- i also felt beast, seasonal, shadows assassinate effects should be diff. Beast is more carnal so their assassinates Can have chance to deal higher damage on fails.  Shadow can have shorter prep time etc

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Proph

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:36 pm »

Typical insults and condescension from Unreal. *ignore*

Thank you for anyone that actually tried to provide useful feedback and contribute here. I fully accept that this skill may be very useful and maybe it just requires more patience and creativity on my part.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length