Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:11 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  RolePlay - level 100
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: RolePlay - level 100  (Read 15059 times)
Dilmo

« on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:07 am »

Well, the prehistory of this log is..

I am a mage and had traveled several times with Evandar who is the warrior. Nothing was wrong.
But imagine my surprise when i see:

-=-=-=-= Visible players in the realms =-=-=-=-
            (PK) Evandar the male wild elf, Soldier of Heretics

I decided to clear out what is happening:

You tell Evandar, 'Hellllaoo, cawre too traveell toogether ?'
Evandar tells you, 'In a bit yes.'
You tell Evandar, 'Tehll me whehn you beh rreahdy.'
Evandar tells you, 'Ok.'
Evandar tells you, 'Actually I can't group with you anymore. Heretics can't group with mages.'
Evandar tells you, 'Forgot you were transmuter.'
You tell Evandar, 'Why yoou trravellehd with me behffoorreh iff youhh werre going too jooin Hereticcth ?'
Evandar tells you, 'Because I wasn't a Heretic then.'
You tell Evandar, 'Reeallly nicee llogicc.'

the end...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:06:30 am by Dilmo » Logged
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:56:17 am »

- This goes nicely with the poor bastard from the other thread prolly using perfect RP with 2 chars and never getting interview for either clan.  Message sent and received for the billionth time....the more things chnage the more they stay the same.  Both threads make me  Roll Eyes

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:54:39 am »

Wait a moment.. didn't you burn his village and kill all his family?? I'm almost sure that was exactly you who did it  Grin Grin

For the darkness! Angry
Dilmo

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:16:58 am »

Looks like he got a damn amnesia from the very childhood !
And finally he managed to remember all the horror mages did to his family
and all the people of that small village he grew up.

He gracefully escaped the shackles of this lie of his illness and now
he is the most righteous warrior of Heretics, who will burn the filth of magic
out of the Krynn untill his death.

I think I would use such explanation in the role Smiley
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:54:12 am »

Looks like he got a damn amnesia from the very childhood !
And finally he managed to remember all the horror mages did to his family
and all the people of that small village he grew up.

He gracefully escaped the shackles of this lie of his illness and now
he is the most righteous warrior of Heretics, who will burn the filth of magic
out of the Krynn untill his death.

I think I would use such explanation in the role Smiley

and surely he was in the village that time too, but somehow he is the only one who managed to avoid the final fireball that finished destruction of the last building (right where was all his family at the moment) in the village.. and the last tongue of flame just touched his head and because of it he got his memory selectively damaged. Didn't you noticed strange behavior while he was hunting with you? actually he disliked you from very first meeting, but he just couldn't find the reason why and only because of good education he continued to travel with you. And when he reached 25th rank in his guild.. happened all that you described above. And your dirty insinuations aren't good at all!!  Grin  Grin

For the darkness! Angry
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:30:45 pm »

Wait a moment ...
You didn't mention this:
Some people in his village were transmuted into slugs, other were rised as zombies and skeletons.
Clerics were dancing on the grave of his grandfather, while outcast knights were singing marry songs and druids laughed as they smoked weed.
Kinghts were patrolling the area to prevent any help from outside the village.

bluesky

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 12:46:19 pm »

He was actually on special mission of warlord himself, to act as non-heretic, find mages, spend some time with them, befriend them, learn their weaknesses and spy them, infiltrate their ranks, know their habbits, prefered areas, where and when they go to bathroom, find their dirty things, print it in newspaper, expose Tower as a very bad place. Compared to this high cause, leveling several mages in fast rate was just collateral damage... Tongue
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:59:01 pm by bluesky » Logged

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
"Come to the edge," he said.
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
Ridgeway

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 03:01:55 pm »

First I'm Evandar.
Second seeing as you all dont play my character you all have no idea what's happened to my character to know why I'm in the Heretics.
3rd no where does it say that my characters hatred of magic has to be a factor of my character from birth.

Everyone seems to think that merely talking like a f*cking retard all the time signifies good role play. No it doesn't. Good role play comes from sculpting your character based off events in game. No one in this game role plays good in my opinion. We use tells which allow us to talk across several areas has if we are standing side by side. We all use OOC knowledge to collect gear and move. When in all actuality the first time your new character enters the game you should move slow as sh*t so your character can remember where he is and where he is going. Everyone seems to think I'll just talk like a f*cking retard and my Role play is acceptable. That's wrong. And until true role play is enforced a lot more than it currently is you are a f*cking moron of you allow yourself to die to keep some half ass
role.

So to meet my characters role of being a Heretic I went and died to a caster. That is all it takes to spark a hatred of magic. So I'm well within my Role of being a Heretic.

As far as what I said to Korli I did forget she was a transmuter. I have related her to being a ranger for some reason. Also I wasn't paying much attention when she asked to group. Related name to ranger to already grouped before. Once I started thinking about Korli I remembered she was a mage.

Also how you going to Role play talking to me without standing next to me in game since everyone wants to be RP Police. Did you use the force? A Telephone? We mind linked or something. So has far as Logic goes apply that back. What logic do you have for using tells group chat clan channels or anything else other than say or yell. That goes to all of you so called Roleplayers.

Oh and Kage I was interviewed. And since I had a viable reason to hate magic and good Role play it based off my characters experience and not by just talking funny I got in.
Please just police your characters and don't worry about mine. I seem to be able to take care of my own characters. That goes for everyone not just you. The game would be better off if everyone worried about what they did and not everyone else. Since we are all adults didn't everyone's parents teach them that as kids?

TLDR ; Not your character, don't know everything it's done, f*ck off.
Daekrist
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:06:12 pm »

Wow
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:26 pm »

Somebody woke up pist :/

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Ridgeway

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »

It's pissed not pist.

No I'm not mad at all. I simply think the RP Police should f*ck off when we are all guilty of half ass role-playing.

Also everyone needs to worry about their characters and not everyone else's. Let the Immortals worry about the state of Role play in the realms.

3rd my phone is annoying me off autocorrecting Role play wrong half the time.
zondra

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 03:33:56 pm »

It's pissed not pist.

No I'm not mad at all. I simply think the RP Police should f*ck off when we are all guilty of half ass role-playing.

Also everyone needs to worry about their characters and not everyone else's. Let the Immortals worry about the state of Role play in the realms.

3rd my phone is annoying me off autocorrecting Role play wrong half the time.

there is a reason we have immortals,  i think we need a US one
i think we take game too serious,  i know i get mad rage delete, make new char start writing new rolea and move on
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:39:21 pm by zondra » Logged
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 04:04:40 pm »

- No need to get salty.  My comment was more about imagining how someone else must feel not even getting a reply for a clan ...not so much about your wonky ass role.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Ridgeway

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 04:33:40 pm »

My whole reply wasn't just directed to you about howsimply talking funny doesn't make it good role play.

It was directed at the entire playerbase. It's not salty. It's simply a different way of seeing role play. Good role play doesn't come from speaking funny but completely developing a character.

All I remember Kazo doing was talking. That's not really role-playing to me. It's just talking with different words. Yoda wasn't defined by his speech. It's was a characteristic of him. Granted a memorable one.

We all have different opinions on good role play. Until the Immortals enforce a defined set of rules for role play it's all interpretation. And everyone should leave everyone else to their own devices. I'm not going to sit and have pointless conversations in MS to meet your definition of role play.

Also has someone who is such a champion of role play you are also one of the biggest complainers. You have said in other posts it's a weakness and not rewarded enough. However you enjoy it so you keep doing it. Which is fine. I want you to play the way you enjoy.

I wanted to be a Heretic. I didn't like the ranger I had in the Heretics and wanted to swap classes. So I quickly leveled a new character so I could replace it. Yes I used whoever I could to rank quickly. And I'm not even 25 yet I'm 22 at the moment. But I can role play the grouping with mages and the events in my characters life to be a Heretic.

So you can call it Wonky if you want. I call it different and yours boring and just as bad.

As for Llenis and others not gettinga clan interview that isn't my problem. I'm east coast USA and I got in because I wrote a note to Hiddukel and asked when I needed to be on to do it. I told Llenis and therefore everyone else on the board about this yesterday. Have some patience and send a note explaining the situation and try and be flexible. Problem solved.

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 04:35:33 pm »

no where does it say that my characters hatred of magic has to be a factor of my character from birth.

I, for once, agree with Ridgeway.

I simply think the RP Police should f*ck off when we are all guilty of half ass role-playing.

Hmm... tbh, I think that was pretty well said. I'll take that into consideration.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
zondra

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »

if we all rped like kazo we would be in good shape, wrong tree to bark up i think
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »

if we all rped like kazo we would be in good shape, wrong tree to bark up i think

Agreed

And Kage has a point. PK is much more rewarded then RP. (almost) Always has been.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 05:08:48 pm »

Oh dear...

For the darkness! Angry
Proph

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »

Everyone seems to think that merely talking like a f*cking retard all the time signifies good role play.
Apparently some people think it signifies a good forum post too.

Keep in mind that not everyone's first language here is English. I'm sure some people are doing the best they can.  As long as they're not using contemporary slang and they are trying to be consistent based on the character's intelligence, class and story, then I don't think we should jump down anyone's throat.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
zondra

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »

Oh dear...

miss playing yet unreal? Grin Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length