Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:32:45 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  I guess I will depart too...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: I guess I will depart too...  (Read 18423 times)
n00b
Lifetime Member

« on: October 22, 2014, 03:11:27 pm »

Sirrion, Hiddukel, Reorx and others - you did a great job. Code is fine. Areas is fine. Few small bugs and typos does not affect quality of the game.
But MUD without strict RP and understanding of RP basics is really boring. If I want meat I can play TF, Quake or Battlefield.

Just enetered to taunt Beorn fans with a thief chaotic kender. Meet undescribed mage who wanted to group. Told him that I will not group with "noone" turned log too late, sorry. But here is an example of worst RP i ever saw. When you IC (in char) you do not know that you must have "description", you do not kno that it is a game. You never tell your group that "berserk za***l" sorry for rude russian it is a quote. You will never tell the group "Russians gop gop". And you do not know that it is "just a game with a words". You will not tell your group "AFK will go smoke on balcony". So in this log is a very bad RP dialogue. The problen is, that for Solace it is a standart. And thus ruins 75% of the game.

Immortals - thank you again, you did great job.
Players. You like game about kill-and-loot. It is your choice.

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/logs/lview2.php?log=252

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
zondra

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:27:24 pm »

Dont judge us all Sad
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:46:57 pm »

I don't see the problem here, am I being nuts? I'm amazed that you had long talk anyway below rank 10, most don't begin to speak till about 15th Smiley
Proph

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:50:46 pm »

I don't see the problem here, am I being nuts?
This is part of the problem.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »

No really, is it just the last bit about descriptions?
zondra

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:09:12 pm »

They won't the iron fist prince
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »

Because actually letting yourself get killed, ordering to take items etc as a ghost, IMHO is far more breaking of RP/immersion than any crappy says about making a description.
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »

Also, is this evil mage who is threatening to kill you etc? So what? Nothing wrong with that and his tells are absolutely fine.

I honestly don't get it, I don't understand, and I don't get your passive aggressive comment Proph.
zondra

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »

People want immortal to strictly enforce rp but woulf bitch if it hurt them,  hell i saw pure blood elf holding dagger covered with elven blood, he would bitch but should be stripped ,
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »

Mage was mine, Noob. Tired of being alone at takhs, so decided to create my favourite alteration. But I hardly got 2 nd rank  Tongue
You was cewl and made be adrenaline rushing and smile. But you nerve me with the thing that I dont have descr at 1 rank! And you have few words at yours.

Anyway, if you searching 'atmosphere' - play your grafical games.
Proph

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 04:25:24 pm »

I just don't understand how you don't see people talking about "descriptions" and "game with text" IC as a problem.

However, I don't think it's a reason to leave a MUD. There are plenty of horrible RP'ers and and PK nuts out there who don't care about the fantasy experience, but I think overall it's a pretty rich and vibrant MUD with a very compelling atmosphere. Interesting things happen every day, there's always something worth exploring or talking about.

Sorry Hiddy, didn't mean to insult you. I was just surprised that you didn't show any empathy at all for n00b's disgust.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »

To me it just looks like a storm in a teacup, that's all. I see lot's of people around rank 6/7 telling each other "Better make your desc", I wouldn't dream of interfering usually.

I thought from title of log this guy had really abused someone with ugly OOC tells, swears etc Smiley
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 04:34:00 pm »

I am not a great Rper. cause I dont know (forgot) english language.
But there are many Rpeers - liek Koelsoh, who can reply 100 words on few words of yours.
I dont understand - what do you need? 'diving' effect?
Seems the muds are cooler then grafical games because your imagination can write you the fantastical pictures that never can be pain up but game designers.

Tell me the ideal MUD properties please.

And not this episode killed you. Broing killed you. I told you to go to Takhisis and kill all guardians.
I bored with heretic too - cause all people are enemies.
I now trying to be bastard who have enemies and friends, cause I like multi-playing - speaking and exploring with the other characters, but not a char to mob intersection.

(sorry for my english, may be something is not so correct and I am hardly to understand)
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »

People are taking things way to personally.

And there are much worse examples of RP around there...
especially when considering who provides them. Higher ranked people.
Members of shrine, members of clans, etc...  

I wouldn't be such a pain in the ass to have Imms police descs of rank 5 or less.
I usually never have an RP or desc very consistently thought up until much beyond that. Even when I am worried about RP.

PS: RP has nothing to do with amount of words you can reply. That usually is evidence of poorly thought RP. So, Novann, don't feel bad if you dont reply many words. As long the words you profer *feel* like they are whole with your character, that is what matters. Also, RP is also about action, not only words. I can't forget the excellent RP demonstration shown by a player whose character was mute.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:45:13 pm by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 04:49:27 pm »

Well said Omledffrma??mage
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 04:53:12 pm »

hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfHSIrVh_wY

Just stylized the writting.   Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ptkJxmEEo
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:56:17 pm by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
zondra

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »

I loved dextor growing up
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Mage was mine, Noob. Tired of being alone at takhs, so decided to create my favourite alteration. But I hardly got 2 nd rank  Tongue
You was cewl and made be adrenaline rushing and smile. But you nerve me with the thing that I dont have descr at 1 rank! And you have few words at yours.

Anyway, if you searching 'atmosphere' - play your grafical games.

No problem if you have no description below 5 rank. Anyway noone's delegated a 2nd level kender thief to lecture you about your description. Who the hell this kender is?
The problem is in your interaction after. Kender came and told you that he will not group with someone "nothing special" it is just a kind of reaction. But you started to argue about it. And in this arguing you step over RP line. And the worst - you made it easy.

As I wrote before, many days before, in MUD I have my own priorities. And RP is at first place.
For me, personal, is more interesting to play draco outcast who is trying to remove ancestor's curse and become good. He will group with neutrals. He will never kill good mobs. And he will try to join Solamnia. He will con die at 20 level, I believe. Or, if he is lucky, at 25.
This is much more interesting for me then to hero-up and lead the PK rating, wearing Hi-End Limited Gear.

But to play this kind of game I need support. Not Immortal's support. I do not care if Unseen will come and change draco's align to good and induct to Solamnia. This will never happen. I need mortal player's support. A Knight of the Rose who will talk with this draco, explaining while he will keep hunting him. He does not believe. A cleric of Mishakal, who will believe these draco etc.

Most players of Solace does not interested in this kind of game. It is their choice. I do not blame anyone. And I heard that you very good in world's knowledge, in PK..
I can not force anyone to play my style. And I will not try.

But if in small, comfortable, ORPG most people play not my style - I will depart. MUD where rank-gear-PKill-gear have higher priority then RP - just not my kind. Not bad. Not my kind. Fill the difference.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:29:22 pm by n00b » Logged

I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »

To me it just looks like a storm in a teacup, that's all.

It is a storm in a tea-spon, actually Smiley

For you and for other players. And i understand it.
As I said my priorities in MUD differs from yours and most othe Solace players.

And what is a storm in tea-spoon for you - is a poison in tea-spoon for me.

Maybe I used wrong words and intonations. No anger. No insults.
Only respect to Imms and I wish luck to other players. It is my point of view and this point of view does not fits Solace.
Solace is well balanced, stable MUD.

But there is no strict RP. Enforced by code, Imms and other players. Not my brand. Still this is not about quality of MUD. Solace is a good one.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:30:58 pm by n00b » Logged

zondra

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

Have you asked a knight to talk?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length