Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:40:04 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  I guess I will depart too...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: I guess I will depart too...  (Read 18424 times)
Sirri

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »

I'm a bit pissed off too, 99% of all interactions in game are about items. Even when you guys try to RP, it's all around items items items items. Two young druids (both decent players in the past) meet and the first phrase is - "wow you have Arkham signet ring". Kender mage meets Tower master, first phrase - "oh do you have any good staff for me". Guardians clantalk consists of "Andrew has antique sword go get it" crap entirely. Solamnia, Warders, oh don't even get me started.
Almost every character's lifecycle is basically steamroll to hero, get the best set of equipment you ever had, store it for a couple of weeks, rem all drop all (so mates can store it) delete. If you are lucky, you die once in PK and delete earlier.
I really feel for RP imms, it's impossible to commit time to RP with this garbage.

But you as an ex-immortal should understand, if the entire playerbase (except 1-2-3 players) doesn't want to RP, there can be no "enforcement". They are not zombies anymore.

As a sidenote, if you encounter zero-RP stuff that irritates you like profanity or whatever, REPORT it in game. Noone is snooping / going to snoop you 24/7. Let's try to make better atmosphere together.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:18:49 pm by Sirri » Logged
zondra

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 06:27:11 pm »

I dunno'about all of them,  and i met one warder khur who was nice rper, but we all have some'kender blood i guess, who is ex immortal?
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 07:37:21 pm »

Have you asked a knight to talk?

Knights of Solamnia raid Heretics when no evil heretic online. They fight neutrals heretics during this raids.
Guardians raids clans without a criminal in that clan.

You want me to roll draconian and talk with knight about "I'm cursed but I want to live like a good man"? With knight who kills neutrals without a reason?

Nah! Waste of time

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
zondra

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 07:43:49 pm »

I disagree
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 08:28:51 pm »

Noob, again Beorn? Taunting... Why you love Beorn so much? If you need RP go and Rp with me! Wink
Sirri, u r to strict. Eq is important part of mud and Beorn is acting accordingly to his roles.  Grin
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

Noob, again Beorn? Taunting... Why you love Beorn so much? If you need RP go and Rp with me! Wink

As I said before. Beorn was the best clan leader in Solace. Createing Peorn kender thief with description similar to Beorn's was... kinda tribute to Beorn's leadership in Guardians.
I can argue about your RP as Knight. I can argue about your clan politics. Again. I see no reason for Guardians to raid ANY clan if that clan does not protects criminals.

But as a clan leader you the best. I wish to see you as a leader of Cobar. You can raise from ashes even that lost clan.

I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
Proph

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »

Sirri,

What do you expect? Without decent saves you get destroyed in some areas. Certain classes are incredibly eq-dependent, and  some classes absolutely need autocast equipment to avoid dull, hour long battles. Ideally, you'd have a nice group to support, but with this size player base it's not always an option.

Why wouldn't you want to increase in power and  expand your ability to visit more dangerous and fascinating areas of Krynn? Discovering artifacts  and exploring new areas is fascinating to me.

My interaction with tower Mage was actually a trade (which I told you at least ten times), and that simple transaction actually helped spark much more interesting conversation.

Sorry but your soap-boxing seems totally unnecessary.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Proph

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 11:32:53 pm »

Sorry, double post.

On my phone

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:37 am »

I'm a bit pissed off too, 99% of all interactions in game are about items.

I must mention now two facts. They deffinetly true. I'm dare to say True with a big "T".

First.
I'm nervous and drunk because I have very important event nextday and can not sleep.
Second.
You fuken awesome, Sirrion, you do damned amount of job. I coded part of Solace codebase. And I know what a hell is inside.

But. I think you and other imms are moving in wrong direction.

1st.
It is easy to enforce RP. Many options. Many. Add a fourth edge for good RP.
Remove some OP skills from manuals and grant them for good RP.

2nd but most important.
PK fights in Solace is EQ based. I read logs. I had fights. You can be skilled player. You can master your skills. You can know areas. But all goes forward to eq and raw damage.
Add tactics. Skilled player equiped in mid-level eq should have ability to kill moron in hi-end equipment.
How you can do that? I do not know. It is highway, long, dusty road.
Change skill system for classes.
I vote for a long, tactical fights. Players should learn enitre world and their abilities.

3rd
Clan system in Solace is fine.
RP inside it - ... what am I talking about? There is no RP about clans.
I Heretic. I hate mages. I go raid... Warders. Why? Because.

Good solutions are
1. Prise for good role, for good roleplay, for good PKills.(Three high equiped chars against one almost naked is not a good PKill)
2. Remove some uber skills/spells from manuals and give them for good RP.
3. Allow russian or Caskanje, or another language in group and in tells (not in public channels) if all sides understand it.
4. Transfer to my card 1 milliom euro (it is optional)
5. Add graveyard. Like in CF. I can send you links. With PK stat, IMM comments, etc.
6. Taking few ideas from CF is not bad. But you should remmember Solace is not CF. It is much better in some points. And much worse in other points. It is different.
7. Fix. Damned. Ranged weapon spec. If you can not fix it then delete it.
8.  Do not even try to delete ranged weapon spec. It is a small diamond that turns ring of Solace into original jewelery.

And as I said before. All help that I can give as ex-coder of Solace you will recieve.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:15:35 am by n00b » Logged

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:57 am »

Sirri, What do you expect? Without decent saves you get destroyed in some areas.

Proph. You are not a bad player. But I think that you do not understand the system.

There is a low leve places, mid level places, high level places and "do not enter if you alone" places.

Proph

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 02:20:57 am »

Sirri, What do you expect? Without decent saves you get destroyed in some areas.

Proph. You are not a bad player. But I think that you do not understand the system.

There is a low leve places, mid level places, high level places and "do not enter if you alone" places.
Wait, let me get this straight. Are you actually saying that at different ranks I should visit different areas, and some areas I should always travel with a group?

Tell me more, Professor Solace. I want to learn.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:24:40 am by Proph » Logged

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:35 am »

I want to learn.

No, you don't.

novann
Premium Member

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 08:48:10 am »

Well.
I am not good Rper
1. Cause dont know language well.
2. Dont want to live another life fully, I have nice real life.

First thing stopping much of non-english speaking players from RP simply. (You wont go to translate.ru every time you want to talk).

So, I love good Rpers, and never attack them without a reason (someone like Koelsoh for example).
For me is the best things is interaction with players (clan-deeds, exploring, pk-strategy). At last everyone want to get the fun from a game. Its just a game! Its not a second life and so on.

So gear is one nice element that makes your life not so boring, saves your time.

So the motivation is to kill that or this bastard, you must get nasty things for it, you must find group to get things and so on.

But if you want to RP - I understand it. Its cool. I will try to RP with you. I wont ever attack you fist, cause you make that game true RP.
But let me get fun with the items and group exploring. I have fun with it.

About clan and group tells with hr dr - its always badly touches me - but what I can do. If I am at clan, I cant ooc - so I understand this guy with "hr, dr", but trying to say like "damage, protection" from myself.

And its fine for me. If you see RPer - try to RP. If you see powerseeker - try to kill him. Thats is fun. Its ok.
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:22 am »

But if you want to RP - I understand it. Its cool. I will try to RP with you. I wont ever attack you fist, cause you make that game true RP.
But let me get fun with the items and group exploring. I have fun with it.

About clan and group tells with hr dr - its always badly touches me - but what I can do. If I am at clan, I cant ooc - so I understand this guy with "hr, dr", but trying to say like "damage, protection" from myself.

I will not play kender thief with name Peorn and Beorn's description Smiley

Biopower
Premium Member

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:14 am »

My opinion:

1. I do not know how others feel themself. But when somebody cool starts to say VERY RP phrases like:  I will show you many secrets of usual things. I hear voices in my mind. What do you think about honour?  etc..., my brains start to explode and i think only about one thing: shut up, insane!!!  Really. I do not have enough power to follow this bullsh*t everytime. Really. Sorry. Maybe in previous times yes... but now. I have several minutes only to play each time. And if i start to waste this time for bla bla bla... its better to not play. So i doubt you will find here many players of you start to enforce bla bla bla...

2. I do not agree with "eq decides everything"!!! It's loser's thinking! Two players with almast NO eq will almast always overdamage one christmas tree. Here the tactic starts: How to Find, How to overdamage, How to HOLD. And try to imagine the pain of just looted christmas tree... It's enough reason to slay it!!!

3. The most painfull poor RP goes from OOC interactions in real life. I disagree with skills for RP providing - it is insane thing for all.  But several other things maybe could help:  Limit possibility to group each time with the same characters. Reveal permagroups and forbid them to join one clan. Forbid to enter game by clanned people all together in one minute. Forbid charcters to group together right after their entering the game.

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 10:13:17 am »

2. I do not agree with "eq decides everything"!!! It's loser's thinking! Two players with almast NO eq will almast always overdamage one christmas tree. Here the tactic starts: How to Find, How to overdamage, How to HOLD. And try to imagine the pain of just looted christmas tree... It's enough reason to slay it!!!

And ten naked player will kill hin even more easily.

PS: "Christmas tree" as a sleng - drunk man that fell into snow.

Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 12:09:29 pm »

3. The most painfull poor RP goes from OOC interactions in real life. I disagree with skills for RP providing - it is insane thing for all.  But several other things maybe could help:  Limit possibility to group each time with the same characters. Reveal permagroups and forbid them to join one clan. Forbid to enter game by clanned people all together in one minute. Forbid charcters to group together right after their entering the game.
Yeah, OOC is the worst friend of RP... but that was too cruel.
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 04:18:24 pm »

to make it all more dragonlance like we need remove some restrictions which was in previous life of Solace, but all remember and love old times, when there was more dinamic, when i remember solamnia unite with warders to protect from icculus for example, or such

we have not so many people - so, time to unite clans at least in group and strategy of all clans.

when we have lesser then 2 active players in clans for long period of time - some times there 5-6 in clans - but not stable, mostly 1-2

so - need easy and interesting thing that will make our game more DRAGONLANCE LIKE, more dinamic, more and more not EQ dependant. what is it?

Dragon Lance World War... all divide to two parts and start greate war:

Solamnia - lead one part
Takhisis lead second part
tower go solamnia
herecy as more cruel go takhisis (in RP takhisis overhelmed lord fordus and enslaved em all to her army)
guardians go solamnia
cobar go takhisis
warders as neutrals who have nt opponent - be a robin goods, kill all who they meet in forest - protect forests from ANY interferance, but for support their clan cant be raided - because they are alone neutrals

it s simply, interesting, it s greate, and it s battles 10 vs 10 or at least 5 vs 5 with all different clan skills, just allowing group, and make announse - greate war of the lance begun.

you will see - it will be really more interesting then cristmass tree creating and bitching for pk for rp for some sh*t items etc.

remember Dragonlance, and stop bitching  - stand up and fight
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:26:19 pm by dehucka » Logged
Matthew

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »

I feel less intelligent by having read this log of a kender, acting nothing like a kender, complaining about the lack of a description on a character under level 5...

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
bluesky

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »

forum sh*t  : D
don' t read forum
don't post forum
play game
stay calm
Tongue
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:42:23 pm by bluesky » Logged

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
"Come to the edge," he said.