Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:03 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Shuriken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shuriken  (Read 9113 times)
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« on: November 17, 2014, 09:12:21 pm »

- Revisited.  Past and new best ideas.  Not all to be implemented but some general options:

1) Make Shurikens sold or found (distant shops) with elemental properties. Or make Assassin path determine elemental property able to imbue on a shuriken.  Seasonal - fire and cold , Shadow - poison and negative, Beast - energy and earth?

2) Have assassin able to "make" shurikens (variation of imbue idea...with random chance to give alt damage type, higher level higher base damage as well)

3) Have assassin able to throw shurikens to adjacent room (attempt to code in abuse blocking mechanics, maybe player to player only)

4) Give shuriken a chance to bleed target.

5) Limited Magical Returning Shuriken weapon on tough mob to be found Cheesy Changes damage type each throw.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
zondra

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »

Aye, should be changed, this is a skill i dont even practice
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 12:47:11 am »

Maybe change skill completely? Make shuriken only possible for initiating combat, with random number (from 1 to 4) shurikens thrown at once, and only possible if enemy cannot see you.

Or maybe associate shuriken with caltraps and nerve abilities, letting you use these skills in an improved manner through a hurled shuriken, thus dealing some damage while  hindering your foes. Also, maybe create poisonous shurikens, with chance of inflicting poison on target?

shuriken caltraps <target>

shuriken nerve <target>

shuriken poison <target>

etc...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:56:27 am by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
zondra

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:18:04 am »

I'think on assassins around kyrnn like in shadow cult, have them carry powerful ones like arrows
Kage

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:58:19 am »

- Yeah an opportunity for some interesting mechanics.  Let's just make them bleed with a debuff then assassins can have some stackable maledictions.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:51:28 am »

Assassins are fine. Shadow have sting, latch, throw at python and viper style (very defensive), beast - eagle eye and dragon style, season - transfer mana to hp, and haste/slow.
I am for remove shuriken skill at all. Or just dont change it. Or you want 4 domlishes with earth type damage shurikens at 20 rank?
It can be useful only at middle ranks - when assassin dont have nightfist or such.
Better give them 1 hour for prepare assassinate - not 3,5.
Kage

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:07:04 pm »

- Well you also learn the ability before you can even buy a Shuriken, shop keeper has higher level restriction to buy then to use lol.

-  I'm thinking more about adding utility to the class not an outright buff.  There are these things for all classes that can be tweaked without breaking class.

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 03:13:18 am »

I, personally, am also against giving them elemental damage through shurikens. I was mostly suggesting some reform towards versatility.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kstatida
High Member

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:32 pm »

You should be able to throw it out of the shadows without initiating combat, with a timer ofc.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length