Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:05 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Playerbase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Playerbase  (Read 45908 times)
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 12:25:16 am »

Do you mean lower the timer? So that less hours are required to avoid vape?

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 12:50:54 am »

I don't think that lowering the timer is good idea: we would have increased amount of storers in that case.

I'm thinking of donate shcema, like the one that exists in most online games, for example, one day you(*tip* Ravol) wake up with your stuff vaporized. Now there are some Tower mages, Itrion and Arsa who are constanlty seeking for new challenge, and no hero fighters or clanmembers who can aid you in reequipment process: so for you it will take a huge amount of time to get the right equipment and join the fun again.

Ok, you go and pay through paypal and get an equipment set, not that cool like Arsa has, but still with normal saves and so on. That's just pre-idea, not a solution itself, but a donate system where you can spend money instead of time can drive the casual players in.

zondra

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 01:05:58 am »

I gave ravol'a limited mace when he'was younger to help him grow, i would help then get base eq, that seems fair,  even let him get his item back without defend,the pay thing is ok, just not pay'20 bucks for chromo or honors face etc
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 02:33:30 am »

Well, we can not make you a part of system: a few years later you will have to do homework with your kids and face a new kind of challenges so this Zondra-based system will stop working.

Speaking of donated stuff I don't mean anything powerful, like cromo or other autocasting things, just some kind of equipment sets that will give you:

35-45 saves
+300-450 hp
+35-45hr/dr
+300-450 mana
some AC
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 02:42:36 am »

Then cons of that system is that some who can't or won't make purchases or donations....

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 03:17:10 am »

- New players may not know the history of solace and be sort of entitled to think this game is being operated by a full staff etc.  and expect various and numerous feedback and patches etc.

Why would a newbie expect a lot of changes: he isn't even familliar with game mechanics and wishes it to be changed already? As for bug fixing, I haven't seen any major bug that causes the game to break up for now. Also I haven't seen newbies at all.

- New player might assume rules are enforced ... For one

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:25 am »

- Also people love guides and maps in this day and age... Solace is about learning by yourself and paying your dues if you ask crusty vets...need better low level gear and guides to get it.  Need maps to places...why such a secret , in the game world it should be easy to get a map that is accurate.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 03:59:22 am »

Then cons of that system is that some who can't or won't make purchases or donations....

Well, if you have your hour rate at work and you spend a hour getting basic limited eq, then you've already donated to MUD the similar amount of money. The only problem is that you've lost your money, but nobody here received it.

Also, this money can be spent for server maintenance: I have now idea, where Woland runs his server, but AFAIK he is not a big fan Putin so it can be a potential problem =) *joking*

zondra

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 04:17:34 am »

My six year old has homework every'night haha
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 05:02:17 am »

My six year old has homework every'night haha

Imagine, what will happen when they all grow up... Or you can teach them to play solace and we'll have an addition to playerbase Smiley
zondra

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 05:27:41 am »

Haha, my son would probably kick my ass in couple years
Proph

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 07:37:45 am »

Can we please stay far far away from any ideas that would move Solace in a pay-to-win direction?

I don't mind donating to keep the server running etc, but no one should have in game advantages because of their willingness to fork over cash.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

Can we please stay far far away from any ideas that would move Solace in a pay-to-win direction?

I don't mind donating to keep the server running etc, but no one should have in game advantages because of their willingness to fork over cash.

There is nothing about advantages, it's about getting average limited set that allows you to survive in PK and maybe if you have enough skill to return your eq fast after full loot. We all know that it is not a good idea to go in hero PK with saves below 40, so when you go alone you need to waste a lot of hours to get them back. I am not speaking about the hours of money farming you need to spend to get all the potions, because you won't be able to reequip without a load of preps.

So when you are in situation, when you have to be online 3-4 hours for several days and your wife is getting angry with that kind of time wasting, what will you do?

zondra

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »

i think saves are over rated i barley have 40 saves and i do alright, i think it depends on your class
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

The saves are just a point in the list, I mean the casual gaming in general. When you play solace you do the following things:

1. Farming
2. Exploration
3. PVP

Without #1 you will be bad in #2 and #3. With all the time you've invested into your character the ones who oppose you have to do the same and the problem is that now we just can't act like 10 years before. And farming Lunn for darkened junk with all the potions and preparations isn't interesting when you do it 100th time in your life.
zondra

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »

Gods wont'allow me to farm preps anymore,so great
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »

Gods wont'allow me to farm preps anymore,so great

It's not good, but I'm no speaking about you in general: heroes come and go, but the the concepts stay forever: you have to do 90% farming with 10% action, so if I play 1 hour per day I will only get 1 hour of action once per two weeks which is too small. When I watch FA premier league in pub with a good jar of stout, I am entertained almost all the time. So, when you have work and family and you value the "me" time, solace isn't good alternative compared to other things.

And also in old time you didn't had to work that much on your character to start getting fun: get to lvl 25(1-3 days), master what you need in a distant land, get standard not limited set and go into action. If you are dead and full looted, kill some lesser mobs, redress within and hour and go-go-go again. And with summon it was even easier: summon rat-man, mino merc, buffalo, kill kender and draconians that west from pal and you are ready for fun.
zondra

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »

For hero clan wars, always needed alot of preps or cleric and abj trans in clan
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 06:34:27 pm »

For hero clan wars, always needed alot of preps or cleric and abj trans in clan

It's just current situation. When there were 30-40 players online you simply couldn't get all the orbs, cause they will be already taken.

I don't mean the potion/orb farming, I mean when you got yourself killed, how many hours do you need to reequip? This is also farming and it's not good. I mean it's ok to spend 4 hours in neraka to get chromo, it's bad to spend a hour in maus killing Lunn Smiley

After ezus I've rethinked the overall value of time which is quite short and when you run of it would you really think that killing vampire in maus with decimates was really needed?
zondra

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 08:00:54 pm »

We just got chromo without fleeing once haha,also had perfect group
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length