Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:19 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  jab vs lunge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: jab vs lunge  (Read 3666 times)
zondra

« on: January 26, 2015, 02:41:32 am »

What's the difference between jab and lunge, seem to do same damage same lag, shouldn't jab make you bleed or knock you down,
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:04:23 am »

- Yeah I was wondering this as well.  Blood splatters in game for jab...though both seem to lag the same and deal the same damage except lunge works with swords, spears and polearms while Jab can only be done with a spear.

-  In sirrion change update.  In game check "change list"  then "change read 5" it says "Lunge and jab skills have 1 round lag".  What was it before?  Was jab too fast or both?  Why would you train jab if lunge is better since its more versatile.

- Does Jab do something that is behind the scenes?  hits better, never misses?, bypasses defenses? hits harder mounted/unmounted , size matter? 

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:50:01 am »

I've always been under the impression that jap does more damage. But hey, maybe it's just an impression.

I vaguely remember someone saying that damage from one (jab, I think) was dependant on average damage of the weapon while the other (lunge) was fixed on a relatively average-low number. Maybe try with different weapons and compare results?

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:53:12 am »

- Yeah by no means a spear expert.  But before I came to forums for my 2 cents Ive used varying spears from low grade to high seems rather uncanny identical damage over long trials.

p.s.
Syntax: jab <victim>

An expert of spear has reached excellence in the ART OF LUNGING, so that
   his jabs take LESS TIME to perform.

- The more I look into it and that change from sirrion. I'm guessing Jab was originally a faster lunge...but maybe due to balance issues got equalized..odd either way.  If they are equal they really arent since lunge would be now better (swords, polearms able to use). If all jab used to be was faster and now its not...seems something could be tweaked or else its just a worse lunge.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:26:11 am by Kage » Logged

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:02 am »

Good point.

So, lunge used to be 1.5 round?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:56:32 am by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:51:23 pm »

Good point.

So, lunge used to be 1.5 round?

- I would guess but the Sirrion change note implies jabs cd changed as well.  The plot thickens

zondra

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 04:07:03 pm »

i just think spears main damage is jab, make it worth spec by making jab bleed you like cross slice. it does say blood hits the ground so bleed i think wouldn't be too far fetched
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length