Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:39:34 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Saves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saves  (Read 4868 times)
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« on: November 21, 2005, 03:56:05 am »

I'm just curious about saves system. What for I need will, fortitude and reflex saves. From which spells what kind of saves helps?
Lord Solinari
Immortal

Lord of White Magic

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:55:14 am »

You can tend to look at spells logically to make a good guess at what sort of saves you need.

If a huge fireball is roaring towards you, you need your reflexes to get out of the way (reflex save). 
If something is distorting your vision, you'll need to mentally resist it (will save).
If something is trying to spread a disease through your body, it's your body that needs to resist it (fortitude save).

Think about what the spell does, and you can probably guess what you need to save against it.

Know all who channel the arcane, who put the cause of innocents above their own, and who serve the world instead of rule it, that Lord Solinari walks with you.
Critic

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:11 pm »

curse: distorts your mind or your body?

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
Lord Solinari
Immortal

Lord of White Magic

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 03:56:57 pm »

It was a generalization.  Curse is maybe an attack against your spiritual self, for example.  I'd call that more a willpower thing than a "dodge it before it hits!" or a "my body is strong enough!", hmm?

And my pleasure, for those who understood my vague description Smiley

Know all who channel the arcane, who put the cause of innocents above their own, and who serve the world instead of rule it, that Lord Solinari walks with you.
Bacuha
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:12:41 pm »

Hello!
I was away from Solace for more than 2 years. Now Im not sure, how do saves work now? I realize, that It saves you from magic, but does it help your spells to penetrate others defence? In other words - does hight saves help your spells to success?
I hope, its not a secret Smiley
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 12:50:00 pm »

No-no, they just save you.. as in 'saves', though saves are checked here and there in certain skills, and some of them do really have victim vs attacker saves comparision.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length