Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:40:51 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Sancted alters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sancted alters  (Read 6599 times)
Critic

« on: November 24, 2005, 11:16:29 am »

I just wonder... They were founded as the weakest class... Well...
But why they were granted by sanctuary?? It's wrong at all, strong offense form+sanc+harden...
Why this way?
Why not improve their great spell 'polymorph other'? To tune it? Add more chances for success, set duration for some hours, not for ever...
Improve their form not with increasing of amount bashing/slashing/clawing etc. forms, but with magical damtypes. I like some special skills from new and existing forms, great job. But sanctuary is not the solution...
Just my thoughts. BTW, Raider has great list of nice forms  Cool

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:20:03 am »

There are some great forms to be found by the manuals....I just don't understand why a few out of many dislike this return when mostly all are find with it.

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Critic

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 11:28:21 am »

All these forms have physical damtype. I know only two forms with magical damtype: fireborn demon and form of Chislev cleric. Hellhound etc. don't implemented. Alters with harden+sanctuary are very strong, disbalanced. Either  you have sanc+harden+displace+weak form or you have harden+strong form. Sanc was stripped and it was right. But add them something new or improve current abilities.

Hiddukel
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 11:56:56 am »

Why not offer a lesser santuary?

30% or 25%of damage not 50% reduced?

Call it Arcane Shelter or whatever
Critic

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:04:45 pm »

maybe, maybe... but alters - masters of forms, maybe improve this direction? REALLY different forms... polymorph, other funny spells

Nuitari
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 12:09:28 pm »

Sanc is a temporary measure.
We are working on masterable forms with masterable skills and such. As soon as transmuters will have to put some effort into gaining forms we'll be able to grant them more powerful ones (and not only in the terms of raw power, that can also include some nice abilities).
At that time sanctuary will be changed to some other spell, probably unique to transmuters, also defensive, but of a lesser scale.
Critic

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 12:17:03 pm »

Great! Nice to hear, Nuitary  Grin
I hope the same system (focusing) will be applied to invokers in the future Smiley

shappa
Premium Member

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 12:20:19 am »

When you had to choose your major form from offensive and defensive it was very well balanced. And if you add manual forms then 1 major form is much more then enough.
Raider
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 12:32:57 am »

my "list of forms" was created in 10 minutes.. anyone can do that..

Better remove harden skin than sanctuary - ironskin will find its use then.

But.. i agree, better improve/modify forms than modify spells. Alters are about shapeshifting, not casting.

Perhaps dodging in form could be reviewed.. some other blocker
could be added via improving instincts?(inst defense - blocker, lowered offense, inst off - lowered dodge, improved offense: penalty to parry of the enemy/chance to ignore parry/dodge, like perception, they're are animals after all, great reaction and weak points knowledge)

Some forms ideas
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 10:06:25 am by Raider » Logged
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 08:24:51 am »

Thanks Raider, keep up the good work! But I'm unsure, is that all forms from Solace or its just a dream? Huh

And about aura, I can say again as I said before, strip aura not only from transmuter strip it from all other classes except healers! And for trans change it with another spell like Arcane Shelter Wink (with less damage reducing for alteration one) or better improve forms.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 09:59:20 am by myx0m0p » Logged
Kyliel

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 09:13:20 am »

Okay, I feel like I ought to chime in since I more or less exclusively play alteration transmuters. I love 'em. Better role-play.

Anyway.

Sanctuary for alteration transmuters is, in my mind, ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who is benefiting. Granted, I love that my lion can rip through people while only taking "wounds" and "mauls." But that's insanely unfair - it's not supposed to be like that. Abjuration transmuters are supposed to be defensive; alteration transmuters are offensive. Can you IMAGINE a sanc'ed unicorn or manticore or stag ripping into someone? It would last all of five seconds.

The solution in my mind is to make more forms, so alteration transmuters can branch out. Like...raccoon for lock-picking, or leopard seal for water-breathing. Specialized forms like that. And Arcane Shelter + Eldritch Shield should be PLENTY of defense.

Just my two cents.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length