Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:59:43 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Role!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Role!!!  (Read 19663 times)
jemma
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 01:32:56 pm »

Again, I can see no benefit to ROLE. Incidents happen in walk of life that continually changes what we set out to accomplish in life. We would have to be updating it regularly. Changing it as we change and grow.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 01:38:32 pm »

ONLY immortals can see role. Everyone can see description. And don't just reply that role is useless if only imm's can see it. With increasingly active immortals that we seem to have there will definately be better interaction.

Absolutely agree.

Again, I can see no benefit to ROLE. Incidents happen in walk of life that continually changes what we set out to accomplish in life. We would have to be updating it regularly. Changing it as we change and grow.

Have you ever post in diary? Moreover, your role is not only your actions, it's your goals, your preferences, your character, and so on.
jemma
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:10 pm »

Well, I guess some will have very short roles.

KILL KILL KILL

Mine will be simple - to survive those with roles to KILL KILL KILL.

Then, if it is only a diary entry sort of thing, why do it?
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 02:30:26 pm »

Well, I guess some will have very short roles.

KILL KILL KILL

Mine will be simple - to survive those with roles to KILL KILL KILL.

Then, if it is only a diary entry sort of thing, why do it?

I think such stories will be deleted and authors'll be asked to rewrite them.
It's not a diary as it is.
Why to do it? *shrugs* You're fond of RP, arent you?
jemma
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005, 02:42:32 pm »

I don't associate Role with RP.  Yes, one is like a script, and the other acting. But, ROLES change - RP is ad-lib Wink you play it as you see it so to speak.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 03:11:03 pm »

Jemma, ROLE would help you also - those with "KILL KILL KILL" roles would be no longer able to argue their PK by sort of "she killed my beloved kitten five years ago" reasons - as such things should be written in ROLE.
jemma
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 04:23:03 pm »

*ponders* more writing then?
Kolin
Premium Member

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 07:26:25 pm »

*ponders* more writing then?

Just a small bit. Much less than your daily forum posts Cheesy.
Nyrl
High Member

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 07:35:54 pm »

A comment mostly for Jemma Smiley

Role can help a bit to keep peoples to follow it. You write a role, something about your beliefs and opinions. Then You follow it. Once You think something has changed in Your life, You adjust it - not each day, of course, but once per week or mounth or year - depends on You. Not too much writing, but imm can always check if You are "in Your role", also it is something You have to have _before_ attacking anyone and You can't quickly adjust it to explain this exact attack. And, of course, it helps with roleplay a bit, role itself contains a history of characters beliefs, which may (and should) change over time.
jemma
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2005, 11:58:48 pm »

Role can help a bit to keep peoples to follow it. You write a role, something about your beliefs and opinions. Then You follow it. Once You think something has changed in Your life, You adjust it - not each day, of course, but once per week or mounth or year - depends on You. Not too much writing, but imm can always check if You are "in Your role", also it is something You have to have _before_ attacking anyone and You can't quickly adjust it to explain this exact attack. And, of course, it helps with roleplay a bit, role itself contains a history of characters beliefs, which may (and should) change over time.

*ponders* Thanks Nyrl. Smiley

Kolin Tongue lol
eleazar
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 02:03:19 am »

Other people does not see your role, you dont need your role because you already know it. So it seems, role is going to be written only because of immortals.
Secondly, i could change my mind for thousand times. Maybe i wish to kill someone who is not described in my role. Then before i kill him, i ll have to think some 5 minutes to compose some text in english i am not good at it.
On the other hand, something like diary is good idea, but i would not like to write it because i am forced from immortals to write it. Maybe jemma had diary sometimes, but probably noonne forced her to write it. So  it would be best for me if role ould not be obligatory thing. Some people play only because they want to hunt. They do not want  anything else to distract their attention from killing others.
Some others want to rp too, and diary would be nice thing for them. But there can everyone be lovers of diary, because there are some who does not write so nice, does not have enough knowledge in english or simply are not talented enough.
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2005, 02:35:55 am »

And what about those who will surely write something like....
I do what I want, I act as I see fit, If i think someone deserves honor I show it, If they deserve nothing I give it. I am dominated by no one.

Totally vague. That basicially gave themselves free reign and they are restricted to no role, because their role is whatever they feel at the moment. Impulsive roles will be all over i think.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Nyrl
High Member

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 02:42:29 am »

About 50% of classes may not have such a role
Clanned persons may not too
About the rest.... well, grant them all title "shot-on-sight" and there will be not much of them? =)
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 07:16:19 am »

OMG!
So much discussion on such a simple topic.

Role works roughly as follows - You compose a piece of text, then submit it to be added to your 'role'. This 'role' can be seen only by you and Immortals. It is by no means mandatory, and will never be mandatory. But, if a character decides to have a role, we'll judge how well does he follow it, and that will affect our attitude towards this character. Bonus experience, easier induction into the clans/shrines, faith points when they are implemented.
The idea is very simple - your 'role' is a tool that helps immortals to follow unobvious character roles and award them, if they are played well. (Or punish people, who do something ugly and break out of their role just because they are drunk)
Once again - 'role' is optional
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2005, 09:14:29 am »

Absolutely agree
jemma
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2005, 10:03:26 am »

OMG!
So much discussion on such a simple topic.

Role works roughly as follows - You compose a piece of text, then submit it to be added to your 'role'. This 'role' can be seen only by you and Immortals. It is by no means mandatory, and will never be mandatory. But, if a character decides to have a role, we'll judge how well does he follow it, and that will affect our attitude towards this character. Bonus experience, easier induction into the clans/shrines, faith points when they are implemented.
The idea is very simple - your 'role' is a tool that helps immortals to follow unobvious character roles and award them, if they are played well. (Or punish people, who do something ugly and break out of their role just because they are drunk)
Once again - 'role' is optional

well, optional is good. Had that been said in the beginning, maybe topic would have been short and sweet. Smiley
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2005, 02:14:43 pm »

Role coming soon?
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 02:32:56 pm »

Coming soon, after the nearest reboot.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2005, 02:59:19 pm »