Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 01:36:04 pm
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Something has to change « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Something has to change  (Read 3178 times)
Sgt Pepper

Beatles is not so dead...

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2004, 02:23:21 am »

Too many people are leaving solace (including me  Embarrassed), something has to be done about it!

There's few people playing, almost no one to PK or to group (that's essencial for new players).

Before solace went down there was much more peopl e playing and the game was nice. We have to bring more people in and change something!

Here is some of the complains that i found on www.topmudsites.com about solace:

This mud is not very good.  The help files are kinda old which makes if hard for a newbie to learn how to play.  Solace II says that its roleplay but only a few really do.  Several of the older Immortals in the game do not roleplay themselves and can be quite rude.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you learn to play from someone in the game then it is much more enjoyable but to learn how to play by yourself can be quite hard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mud is crap.  There are very few people who roleplay in it that Immortals do nothing about it.  The immortal themselves do no rp.  If your into dragonlance RPGs, I suggest you move on because this one is not worth learn how to play.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was others talking good about solace, but i think it's good to take a look on this ones.

Sorry about the long post.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Jemma
YaBB God

I'm NOT a llama! I'm a GRANDma :)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:55:22 am »

One of the reasons I liked solace .... once, was the help other players gave, in RP of course. But nowdays, you are almost always ignored if asked to group, and many times, the answers are SO rude.

And also, PK happened, often enough, but there was a certain amount of honor and also done in RP.

But, since it's return, PK was for the hell of it, and if an excuse given, it was a lame excuse ... you elf. Me draconian. I hate elves. Fair enough. But a roleplay would have aided the situation. And WHY must all draconians hate elves? I remember a lovely old draconian, who befriended people, and the roleplay was fun.

Understand completely what you are saying. Maybe it is like a lot of things in life ... after awhile, you begin to take people for granted and not give a hoot about them or anything else.

You can make a difference. Smiley
Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 10:33:38 am »

Lovely old draconian, I remember that one  Wink

No mercy from my grim ass.
Majere

Counsellor of the Gods

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 01:13:50 pm »

*shrugs* I can sleep at night knowing that I do what I can when I'm online to combat those problems. But until everyone works together on this it'll be the immortals who are blamed.
Elyndor

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 05:37:18 am »

i agree with majere, we need to all work on this, not just blame the imms, and then go on the mud and not roleplay
Paola

I am!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 06:09:19 am »

Right, lets just not shift the blame onto each other. If everyone answers for himself, the result will amaze you. But only if it's really everyone.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.

William Shakespeare
Jemma
YaBB God

I'm NOT a llama! I'm a GRANDma :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 04:26:04 am »

I think that is exactly what I have been saying all along.

You can make a difference. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Something has to change « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length