Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:52:03 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: features « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: features  (Read 6736 times)
dehucka

Train will

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2004, 05:58:01 pm »

Let me share with you some crazy thoughts about features and RP.

Let s take a foe hunter -  useless now, hardly there are someone with this feature, it can be nice but benefit in fighting so low that none want.

Thoughб Foe hunter can be a greate roleplayer feature, for racist's.

Look, people is motivated with power, it s only motive for enforce RP. Let s code features to way they help role-play, choose role and stuff.

Man should be strong in his role.

When knight should nt flee, but too weak at default to fighthe dont want RP as knight so much.

If i really can be strong in slaying minotaurs i will go this role, and it will be fine.

If you look closely at features foe hunter, and bane of the enemie you can see it s greate features to regulate world. if will be horsed of necros, and necros will be most powerfull class - we can expect some necro hunters...
and so on.

critical strike - useless, works worse then weapon's sharpness.

toughness and spell defence - rulez, i think Imms will fix em, because too many people get it.

With best Regards
kadroh
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 06:23:34 pm »

toughness and spell defence - rulez, i think Imms will fix em, because too many people get it.

corect me if i am wrong , but shouldn't feats be useful?
i mean i am not realy crazy for all that extra exp and loss of all that cash
 Angry
kepasa

thraaa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 12:02:14 am »

yeah the'll fix yo up

c pskin
Your penis becomes as hard as rock.
dehucka

Train will

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 11:38:19 am »

in that post you will find Some corrections and one way to balance world.

i dont want imms fix spell defence and toughness, but probably it happen, to balance world, if critical strike so crapy why toughness or something should give benefits???

list of features that probably can be fixed in near future:
1. balance
2. toughness
3. spell defence

BUT

i have a suggestion

1. If immortalls fix features, skills, spells in way of decreasing, suxing - we have results: all whine, delete characters, insults, swearing etc... sometimes it lead to hth fights in RL.

2. If immortalls fix features, skills, spells or such in way of increasing - mostly gready people try to roll newpowered character and got all benefits, but some still whine, swear - but statistic shows - in that way people whine more polite.

So to resume:

Increasing power make world fresh, new classes dominate, old leave, people who can play only necros, soon will train play overpowered assassins for example, or such, ranger specialized players will turn to mages, or druids...

i think balance can be installed in new greate way...

Creators need clear statistic how many classes races in realm:

rangers - 10
necros - 20
fighters - 30
assassins - 50
thieves - 10

etc

and races
elves - 10
gnomes - 3
minos - 30
draconians - 40
humans - 40

if numbers of races is balanced - then all ok with it.

if numbers of classes too differentiate - need give something interesting to low class,

All will swear why why why you gave orangoutang to druid - it s too cool.

Kiri-Jolith will answer - there are only 4 druids in game - druids is dissapearing from World, they need to be in big red book, let s support them to they grow, enlarge and such...

and all in that style - but no need too much changes in a month, to people can relax and enjoy their overpower...

i think clans can be balanced in such way too

chaos - 4
heretics - 1
tower - 1.5
solamnic - 4

heretics need support Smiley

features same -
balance - 5
foe hunters - 0
spell defence - 10
thoughness - 12
etc

Imms do: guys, none want ne foe hunters - need support this - add some increase power, now those who will meet his favourite race will kick it harsh, dont mess with foe hunters.

or none want balance - since now bash throw will hold some harder, think about balance

Finally:
There can NOT be static BALANCE -

balance is a dinamic,
and it is better with adding, not decreasing,

so all will be happy, and powerfull,

it s like politic, goverment regulate wishes of people in business - make tax's discount, or something to lead peoples to way goverment want.

Sorry for so long post, may be it will be usefull.

With best Regards
dehucka

Train will

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 02:04:42 pm »

way of gargoyl 30 rank feat of 3rd circle - adds 6 resists or + 6 + 6 to hitroll to damroll, very greate thing...

just people do know, what crap it is and dont spend train money experience.

With best Regards
kadroh
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 02:26:47 pm »

That isnt only problem of Alteration mages..
they lost sanc, they lost ability to stack harden skin and iron skin
they almost have no way of survival in dual..
And they say that have powerful forms..*spit*
i can not last long enough to cast slow soften in order to form into "powerful form"

in one word they ruined them totaly, only thing i can suggest to you
is to seek some new class..
 Sad

Almost forgot when they are in form they lose on svs spells
since now svs spells also depend on stats you have.....
And they dont even wish to correct a bit those stats, bleh.
Why are we whining when all we say they dont care
it all falls on empty ears or heads.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 02:34:26 pm by kadroh » Logged
bulo4ka

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 03:22:43 pm »

i think clans can be balanced in such way too

chaos - 4
heretics - 1
tower - 1.5
solamnic - 4

heretics need support Smiley

i saw 5 heretics online just 2 hours ago
they got support  Smiley
Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 08:41:50 pm »

On a technical note, way of the gargoyle goes up with % I think...at 100% I get 12 resist or +12hr/dr...still was downed from 20, but just wanted to say that

You sank my Scrabbleship!
Sgt Pepper

Beatles is not so dead...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 08:43:00 pm »

Finally:
There can NOT be static BALANCE -

balance is a dinamic,
and it is better with adding, not decreasing,

I don't agree, balance is possible, it's only impossible to keep everyone happy because they only want powerfull chars.

it s like politic, goverment regulate wishes of people in business - make tax's discount, or something to lead peoples to way goverment want.

If you live in a poor country you can't do that, i think this is solace case, we need balanceed classes, not overpowered classes.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
dehucka

Train will

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 09:15:24 pm »

I still think increasing is best way of balance.

Look if you will fix balance with decreasing soon transmutters will not be able to explore good, necroses will not be powerfull enough to get things solo, rangers same... It will be hard to play, people will enter and thing what to do???
PK??? - i cant with that class, get things??? - cant alone, Explore??? - still cant alone, cant pass etc. RP??? - big not RP vs small, it s a unseen tradition...

SO these people will quit, think about something else to do...
And it s hard RP alone, nobody answer, and it is no need in MUD, just sit and RP Smiley)

In other hand:

Person entered game, look there is nobody to hunt, there s nobody to RP, let s get some things,  time pass, hey appears someone to hunt, appears someone to RP, let s do it... again - nobody to hunt, nobody to RP... Smiley))

And they say: Let s explore something... - it s fun, it s interesting, it s good for play, and much better then dumb exping, or mastering, or trying to get something and deaths.

With best Regards
Sgt Pepper

Beatles is not so dead...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 11:01:39 pm »

This is a Role-Playing MUD, PK ain't the most important thing, and to PK you need a RP reason, this is the game main objective, let's not change it.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
dehucka

Train will

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 09:41:06 am »

You are right.

But have you seen something like:

Oh Oh, this class/clan/race so hard to RP, please make it better to i can
RP greate. All other can RP better then my class/clan/race.

All s**t happens only because someone think he have less power he want.
people delete characters, swear, insult, ban, deny...

If you said main objective of Solace is RP, but WHAT FOR (bla bla bla) WE NEED
ANYTHING CALLED "BALANCE"Huh - we dont need balance, people just RP good,
why do you desire power, no power at all, just command south east west north up down and look and lots emotions - it s enough for good RP.

I think we need RP, but there are no troubles with RP  - only trouble it s too rare for Solace.

But we see much troubles with balance. I dont mean we have greate troubles with balance - it s good now, but all possible troubles based on power loss/add, features loss/add etc.

P.S. Let me offer one crazy idea

Balance can be achieved fast if we will have FAST reaction from system (i mean gods do change, world react with structure of playing classes, races, clans - i still think we should balance it???)  so, let s make one thing which install rightfull balance:

If Gods make changes, for 1-2 days players recieve power to change class/race - it s fair, when players choose race/class from begining they think he have 1.2.3.4 he can 1.2.3. he will able to 1.2.3.4.5. but suddenly change happened and their choise is badly wrong, they fooled, but they spent time on their character and suddenly they get: now your character cant 1.2.3.4.5.

It happens when we decreasing powers to get balance, so people are frustrated, they swear etc...

It can be fair if you make changes, then all can choose once more...

If such possibility will work we will get very fast reaction on our changes - example:

Since now shadow assassins will have not stalk:
Reaction all became season assassins those who was assassin shadow

Immortals think too many unbalanced seasons let s make change:

Since now Seasons cant calm mind:
Reaction - all became beasts, OR NOT - that is the question.

IF PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE IF SOMETHING CHANGED, AND IT WILL NO NEED START FROM BEGINING IF THEY CHOOSE  -   we will have true, balanced, fair, real answer of system on our  changes - good or bad it for balance, and how it will influence on structure of classes, races, clans in future,

now Imms need to hear greate swears, deleting or such to understand that change is nt balanced...

Let make it simple:

Change - after one day you see - all play with only one class - something wrong Smiley))))))) let s fix it.

WBR

With best Regards
Raider

Life is cruel.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 09:34:22 am »

I think some imms are too lazy to change anything Smiley

Toughness is anti-rp feat Smiley With toughness mage gain same hp as warriors w/o toughness.  And thats complete bulls**t from rp point Smiley

Foe hunter is a cool rp feat, i think minotaurs should have foehunter "allbutminotaurs" and elves should have foehunter draconian+darkelf by default Smiley etc.

Solace is ruined, thats what i think. I want old solace Smiley

kadroh
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 12:07:44 pm »

Solace is ruined, thats what i think. I want old solace 

Solace 3 years agoe before last pwipe was excellent if you ask me
novann

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 06:29:00 pm »

Dehucka, dont forget that imms who need to do features, you wrote about work for free. Not for free but for glory, increasing self-esteem and so on. Imm is not grateful (не благодарная) job.  To implement this system you need some crew and you need to pay them. It is like creating and managing the site, portal. You know.
But Kiri thinks -I code -all must love me. -I change something all want - they must love me. But after that people begin to use Kiri, to swear on him. But you cant satisfact all. Everytime some punk can say that this change is bad and so on so on. Chemosh had nice strategy - like Stalin he ban all people who even though Chemosh is wrong. And this was really RIGHT. I understood it too late.

So its a pity solace ruins now. Many nice players left.

Hmm. May be we really must do a commerce mud. For example 10$ a month to play it. Gods will be interested in inducting new players in the mud...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: features « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length