Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 05:44:36 pm
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Question from a Newbie « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question from a Newbie  (Read 2581 times)
dargillean

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2004, 09:02:06 pm »

Hello.  As the subject states, I am a newbie here, and have a question.  Today I had someone comment on my desc, so I went in again and re-read the help file on them.  One of the first things in there is that you should have your personality, fatih and a bunch of other things there.  My question is, how can someone tell anything about you, other than what you look like, by only looking at you?  I wasn't told to fix my desc, but was told it wasn't very unique.  I tried to play it off, saying that average was best for now, but OOC I'm kinda confused.  Thanks to any who can shed some light on this for me.
Zeboim

Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 10:43:28 pm »

You can add some signs telling about your faith and personality... Like scars, tattoos, embroidery on your clothes and so on....

Queen Zeboim the Jealous, the Darkling Sea
Majere

Counsellor of the Gods

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 02:21:00 am »

Hehe, you make a good point, sir newbie. I personally, if I see a character with a description which is a bit short but to the point, and more importantly detailed in what you would see, then I have no problem with there not being "Raised by dark elves in the wooded dell south of Timbuktoo, this dashing half elf is alive with the fire of..." what? How can you tell that from looking at someone?

Still, it can't be as bad as "I am the hate magic!" Wink @ mudgurus
kyberus

eh?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 12:01:49 am »

I suppose you could tattoo your life story onto your face if you really wanted to Smiley

Why does the earth need to be made of dirt while the moon is made of cheese?

MMmm.... gouda....
dargillean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 04:07:49 am »

He he.  I suppose you could at that.  Thanks everyone who has replied.  I have a better idea now.  Thanks again!
Pages: [1] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Question from a Newbie « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length