Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 02:46:44 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  BUGS  |  Topic: Plaguing out of PK (IMPORTANT) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Plaguing out of PK (IMPORTANT)  (Read 5694 times)
Trum

I'm Trum!

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2004, 11:19:52 pm »

My group is < 10 level, Joaerh is evil priest > 10.
Joaerh spams {e;w}, we seem to get plague from horse,
obvious bug-abusing.

Joaerh has arrived.
A warhorse has arrived.

Joaerh leaves east.
A warhorse leaves east.

Joaerh has arrived.
A warhorse has arrived.

Joaerh leaves east.
A warhorse leaves east.

Chiming bells ring through the streets as midday passes.
A donkey writhes in agony as plague sores erupt from his skin.
A donkey's sickness mauls him.
A warhorse writhes in agony as plague sores erupt from his skin.
A warhorse's sickness mauls him.
You are thirsty.
You are hungry.
You writhe in agony from the plague.
Your sickness mauls you.
My_groupmate writhes in agony as plague sores erupt from her skin.
My_groupmate's sickness decimates her.

aresius

I'm a llama! <= OOOOOHHHH LHAma!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 01:18:07 am »

Actualy this is no bug. You must be carefull with diseased creatures of all ranks. This is not absurd because the player does not cast the disease directly on one out of his range, this is impossible. It passes to others nearby only, of any ranks. This is actualy the objective of many servents of morgion, to spread diseases. (as did the necromancer some might remember known as the rotting hand)
hadin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 06:50:14 am »

Joaerh just pulled the same crap with me and my groupmate.  Im on a level 2 char and he just continuously enters and leaves the room until we are both plagued.  How do you expect new players to get into ths game if they are more or less getting PKd by players like Joaerh when they are trying to figure it out. 

I understand this is a part of the game but the IMMs should draw the line when a player's actions are for no particular reason other then that they want to kill newbie chars.   
knight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 10:48:41 am »

You know guys? Joaerh did much worst in rp point of view... after he caused my group mate Rata to die from his plague...he full looted her!!!!

can you imagine this? i think joaerh is likely 20+ rank and Rata was only rank 9! what can rata have that would be even remotely useful to him? nothing!

i do not suggest that imms punish him since this is forum is ooc.

but i have sworn that when i grow up...which is soon...i am going to kill him on sight and full loot him every single time. until he deletes...

regards,

knight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 10:53:47 am »

personally i agree that this is not a bug. disease should spread like this...no respecter of rank or race or class or location...

no problem with clerics or followers or morgion spreading disease everywhere too since it is in role.

just problem with joaerh...

regards.
Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 01:49:59 pm »

I will accept payments of 1 gold to hunt this draconian down *wink*

No mercy from my grim ass.
dmitrig

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 03:19:03 pm »

Heh... I should have slayed him right there and then in the Temple...

But for RP reasons, I did not want my Knight to commit a killing within a temple, so Joa lived... Perhaps next time my Knight will be too angry to care about RP.

Dan
Trum

I'm Trum!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 06:07:55 pm »

Anyway, spamming [e; w] and plaguing everyone around (including newbies who have fort saves <= 0) is no good.. It could be.. in some way - but not in the way it is implemented now, allowing to plague horse and spam enter and exit room, for 100% plaguing; after the newbie gets the gold to heal - the moron waits you at temple and you get plague once again.. I think you will agree this should be fixed.
Majere

Counsellor of the Gods

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 09:27:07 pm »

Agreed. It sucks from an RP point of view, as well, so this isn't an ooc deni- uh, action Smiley

If I see Kiri (hardly any time on MUD lately, gah, real life finally caught up with me) I'll talk to him about getting this stopped on newbies, or maybe <7. You're right, it's not fair, you can't gather the gold.
Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 10:04:31 pm »

Well knight, let me know when you're going hunting, cause I want in on it!
Getting tired of him entering realms and, when he's not plaguing newbies, running after everyone in pk out of nowhere rotting us, and yes, he full loots every single thing and either sacs or sells almost everything *mutters and glares*...btw, as far as I can tell he's rank 24, uses rot, but is out of pk of my rank 29 fighter...
And Grim Assassin, did you actually get him after I payed you that last time?  I had to leave realms Wink

You sank my Scrabbleship!
dmitrig

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 02:21:42 am »

That means he's now also out of my range...
knight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2004, 05:10:20 am »

the truth is that joaerh is himself a noob. i had a knight some time ago that i deleted. joaerh kept trying to rot the knight, all the time none the wiser why his efforts failed every single time.  Roll Eyes

i hope that the imms do not deny him or any such players. i suggest a more creative way to deal with such players. since what he is doing is totally out of rp and is a total nuisance to other players, i suggest that can get Takhisis (or Chemosh for that matter!) to appear to him in game and berate him for abandoning her cause and doing stupid things. then let Takhisis curse him. curse will have negative effects on maybe his stats, or fighting ability or spellcasting abilities. maybe take away his prayers or something. then perhaps Takhisis can also let him know that the way to remove the curse is to go on a quest or something that will get him to repair some damage he did, or learn about what is proper draconian cleric rp. if he completes the quest, then Takhisis can appear again and restore him. what do you think?  Cheesy

well solan, i am starting my hunt real soon...i am now 19 rank...2 more and i get to flay  the skin off his worthless hide!

regards.
Sgt Pepper

Beatles is not so dead...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 03:42:00 am »

I think that joaerth behavior it's for a chaotic char, but as far  as i know Chemosh is lawful...

In my opinion it would be ok for a morgion cleric do this, and if were more people playing (and role-playing) a solamnia or a good char should be after him.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Kiri-Jolith
YaBB God

I am the warchief!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 03:39:43 am »

Ok, newbies are 'plague proof' now.

For the Light! Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  BUGS  |  Topic: Plaguing out of PK (IMPORTANT) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length