Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:01:50 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Veloci « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Veloci  (Read 7899 times)
dargillean

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 03:16:12 am »

Allow me to clarify a bit.  If a thief is acting for themself, in accordance with thier normal conduct, they can steal anything anyone allows them to.  They are thieves, after all, and thieves steal.  The only problem I had is when it was sounded like it was being done for OOC reasons.  If you don't want your stuff stolen, protect it.  There are ways to ensure you are never stolen from, as long as you are awake and alive.  If you get blackjacked, there isn't much you can do.  Again, as long as it is done for IC reasons, great.  Saying a thief can't use thier abilities is like telling a mage not to cast.  Or a cleric not to pray.  But, EVERYTHING your character does, should be done IC, and in the context of THAT character.  So, if you kill someone, the character (not the player) you are attacking with should have a reason.  if a thief steals your gold, that's how they earn thier living.  Protect your gold, and you won't have that problem.  

Now, I say if you are a thief, feel free to steal.  Full looting someone is not what I have in mind.  There is HARDLY EVER a reason to full loot someone.  Even for a thief.  Take a couple of choice items, and leave them the rest.  And, if you are the one attacking, autoloot isn't an excuse, either.  Any PK you commit should have been roleplayed for, and planned.  Therefore, you should have turned off autoloot, knowing you were going to attempt a PK.  If you are attacked, put most of it back.  All looting does is piss off the player, as I'm sure everyone in this mud knows well.

That's it for this one.  As always, feel free to reply.
Jemma
YaBB God

I'm NOT a llama! I'm a GRANDma :)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 01:26:36 pm »

Elvie .. people make gold for themselfs? :O  unheard of and unthinkable for some.  lol Actually, I have discovered how easy it is to make gold, and that is without stealing from anyone expect mobs, sac things, sell things. FAR more easier and all the more for me.

Zondra, am I to take it ... you are Veloci?  My objection was Veloci leaving realms so quickly. And I was not standing in MS doing nothing.  And I think it is not the first time Veloci has done that and left quickly.

You can make a difference. Smiley
zondra

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 04:03:36 pm »

no i'm lipliz no veloci i like kenders better
Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 10:56:54 pm »

I'm an elf-kender, and I love shiny too! Grin  But as all kender (or part kender Wink ) I know that stealing is terribly, terribly wrong!  Nobody should take something that doesn't belong to them!  Oh, and on the subject of Veloci, he seems to enjoy blackjacking or backstabbing my kittens randomly, so I make little melted puddles of Veloci at those points with my shiny new firechain spell Grin

You sank my Scrabbleship!
Jemma
YaBB God

I'm NOT a llama! I'm a GRANDma :)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 11:36:31 pm »

That's me boy. GO SOLAN Cheesy revenge the elves Wink

You can make a difference. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Veloci « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length