Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:24:01 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Ideas  |  Topic: A suggestion for the page « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A suggestion for the page  (Read 6285 times)
dargillean

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:28:34 am »

Here's a suggestion for those who are trying to bring the RP back.  Change the section of your forum page that is for FIGHT logs, to RP logs, and character stories.  That way, you are not highlighting people for PK, but for RP.  Just an idea.

As always, feel free to reply.
Raider

Life is cruel.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:17:34 am »

Its more effecient to change the mud, not the forum Smiley

Jemma
YaBB God

I'm NOT a llama! I'm a GRANDma :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:30:14 pm »

Dargillean, I once posted about a player who RP-ed some excellent stuff. I know what you are saying about the RP forum side of things.  Sometimes, it is good just to post  with title .... say ... ROLEPLAYING PLAYERS ... then comment on who it was, and maybe show others how to RP?

Anyway, praise to the RP-ers of MUD Smiley Good luck.

You can make a difference. Smiley
Lynx

Хай вам!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 12:25:39 pm »

RP at forum is an oddity!

You have the whole MUD, cann't you just do it there? Immortals should do their work for RP inspiration better, I think.

Wales must die!
Elvie

Life is an unbroken succession of false situations

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 12:48:24 pm »

If I was an Imm I'd be already sick and tired of you telling them what they should and what they should not do... Roll Eyes
dargillean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 03:48:39 pm »

Well now....

Please allow me to retort, and rest assured it will be my last.  An Imm, who should already be sick of me, actually asked for input.  That is why I have offerred it.  I am not telling anyone how to do thier jobs.  As referenced above, I am the RP and rules enforcer on another mud.  I posted what I have so far as suggestions for those who want to add RP to what could be a great mud, as some of your players seem to want to.  Those are things we do on our mud, which is in the top 100 on Mudconnector.  I suppose we're doing something right.  Any suggestions I have given were given in a geniune desire to help, and with no malicious intent.  The Imm I've talked to should also attest to that as well.  I'm not giving the name of that Imm, because the majority of the staff and players of this mud appear to prefer the status quo, and I don't want to bring trouble to that player.

Now, as I said, this will be my last post here.  Also, as I said, it would appear to me that the majority of people here prefer the PK mud you guys have.  I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing.  I, however, prefer a mud where RP is primary, and PK is a part of that RP.  I will say that you guys have one of the best coded PK muds I've ever seen, and you definately have more areas than most PK muds do.  And, if you ever get the PK under some semblance of control, I think you will be one of the best muds out there. 

I came here because our mud was down for some server maintenence, and it was dragging on.  I prefer Krynn, and have been looking for a good Krynn mud nearly as long as I've been mudding.  Most of the Krynn based muds I have found were ok, but not really great.  Either the areas were all stock, or the races and classes were hosed, or the skills and spells.  You guys have all of those issues fixed.  Were it not for the mindless PK, this would, in my opinion, be a great mud.  When I saw that you were RP enforced on Mudconnector, I decided to give you a shot.  As has been said, you are not RP enforced, and it is hard to find any RP at all, because everyone is too worried about being PK'd on sight. 

On a positive note, there are a few players that have shown me they are here for RP, and do it well.  Solan, Serril, Hadin and Sharlise are great.  I would welcome players like them to my mud anytime, and not worry that they would become problems.  There may be others, but they were obviously too worried that I would blindly kill them that I never got a chance to find out.

So, for any who care to listen, my final words of advice if want things to change are:

1. Get the PK under control.  This falls directly to the Imms.  You have to be here, and be involved if you want it to change.  Also, the wanton PK has gotten to the point where it is the norm.  You will lose some players in gaining control.  But, in the long run, you will gain more players, and the ones you get will be better.
2. Continue everything else you are doing.  Other than rampant, mindless PK, this is a great mud.  Continue building new, original areas.  I have noticed that Kiri-Jolith is extremely responsive.  That's great, and as it should be.

If you like things as they are, fine.  It's your mud, and you need to do what makes you happy here.  And, after this, you will no longer be burdened by me, trying to tell the Imms what to do.  Be well, all of you, and best of luck, however you decide.
Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 09:51:58 pm »

Well said indeed, and on a totally random note, Solan and Serril both happen to be myself Grin

You sank my Scrabbleship!
Jemma
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 06:17:59 am »

RP at forum is an oddity!

You have the whole MUD, cann't you just do it there? Immortals should do their work for RP inspiration better, I think.

I was not suggesting RP-ing  IN forum, though it can be fun to do so at times.

Why bother putting LOGS on forum? What purpose does that serve? Nothing except to pass times sometimes.

My meaning of posting RP in forum was like this.

Solan, that was really neat RP when we met at the Xroads. Was a real honor to  MUD with you as I enjoyed *such and such* aspect of your role playing.

Maybe that might encourage players to RP at bit more? A little bit of praise goes a heck of a lot further that throwing sh** at one another don't you think?

And also, by describing a little about what the RP was, it can give others an idea on what RP-ing is about and like? Especially if they say they are not familiar with HOW to RP? Although, I find that hard to believe. We all have imaginations Smiley

Wink Grin Grin Tongue Kiss Grin

Solan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 07:15:54 am »

*Giggles in his kenderish fashion*
Um, what RP was that again? *blinks*
I beg your forgiveness for not remembering, but Serril is "always on" RP-wise, so I don't view it in sessions or anything Wink Grin
Care to fill me in on, um, whatever I did? *giggles more*

Jemma
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 07:28:00 am »

*gasps in utter astonishment* you were to ... find .. Mithril halls *gasp* you forGOT??? Kender? You're not a kender? You are an ELF??? I think? hmm too much elven wine is it?

AND YOU GOT MARRIED? WHY WASN'T I INVITED huh huh?Huh

Solan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 07:32:04 am »

Who? What? Where? I DO remember I'm to find those silly halls for you, Jemma Tongue I DON'T recall that having to do with an RP "session" or anything like that at the crossroads Tongue But maybe I'm just tired right now...er, well, I know I am, but maybe it's affecting my, um, brain-thinky stat...
Grin
And you would have been invited, of course, had you a character alive who knew either the bride or groom, and were around Tongue Tongue Tongue
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 07:34:00 am by Solan » Logged

Jemma
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 08:50:13 am »

Shocked You mean, you DIDN'T recognize my chicken hearted drunken elven ways?  Shocked

Oh, and the use of your name *bows humbly and begs for forgiveness for using your great name in vain* was just merely for ... demonstration purposes, because you are always RP-ing  Undecided Wink Grin hmmm, now, when you told Mir you loved him, was that RP-ing? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin LOL JUST kiddin ya  Wink rest easy friend, and please, remove your hand from that weapon.

SWORD I meant for the gutter minded thinkers  Tongue Cool Kiss Grin

Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 09:13:08 am »

:please, remove your hand from that weapon.

SWORD I meant for the gutter minded thinkers  Tongue Cool Kiss Grin

Im more afraid of his spells then his lack of physical abilities:-D *cheer solan*

"Im sure Hitler was great with his family" - George Carlin
Solan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 03:33:14 pm »

*ROFL*
I'm not only laughing helplessley right now, but still a bit shaken up from your "comment" Jemma Tongue Tongue Tongue

Jemma
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 11:45:07 pm »

*buffs her halo* what EVER do you mean Solan? What comment?
(buffs = shines for non aussie speaking people, just incase you have another meaning Tongue )

I am innocent I tell you. INNOCENT. Just ask ... hmmm, Hiddukel?

Pages: [1] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Ideas  |  Topic: A suggestion for the page « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length