Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:28:27 pm
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Heretics and magical items... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Heretics and magical items...  (Read 10841 times)
Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 06:25:51 am »

Was just curious, antique flaming londsword that sears up... and enchanted column of ice. enchanted column of ice. Well arent these magical item.... Ydobb and Khorag wield each respectfully... just curious

"Im sure Hitler was great with his family" - George Carlin
Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 06:58:40 am »

Medallion of Mishakal is carried by Austin.
OK, now we've got something seriously wrong here...*frowns and glares and growls*

You sank my Scrabbleship!
Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 10:28:13 am »

I agree.

Purify removes magical aura but obviously SOMETHING magical remains.

A true heretic wouldn't TOUCH these items.

No mercy from my grim ass.
Teamkiller

It is a good day to die!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 10:44:30 am »

You talk something about Herecy...just look on yourself...

1) Kender are more or less about 8 - 12 year old kids with an adult's
intelligence. Kender are always happy and care free. Should one be found
otherwise, you can bet a devastating tragedy was the cause.
------------------
A Kender will not take orders, only suggestions.*
------------------

The Knights of Solamnia are an organization of good aligned
warriors who FOLLOW the CODE of Solamnia (set of RULES).  The Knights are supposed to truthful, honorable, and trustworthy (haha...trustworthy kenders..).

2) The Knights of the Crown is the only sect that assassins may join.

look at that... Gizmo the male kender, Knight of the Sword

are you still think what you clever?
Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 02:05:12 pm »

as i recall, i asked about these magical items on heretics. but thank you for bringing up irrelavant matters. You do not know about that situation and the RP that was involved with it. Funny how you justify this situation with a petty excuse....

mad_ilya

I'm a llama?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 05:36:51 am »

as i recall, i asked about these magical items on heretics.

After the purification an item is ready for mortal use - it means that now its magic is under strict control.
Solan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 05:40:27 am »

Would that mean that after purification it's alright for a Heretic to say, wear a sacred Medallion of Mishakal that periodically glows with blessed light and grants healing from the goddess herself?  Seems to me that things like that are still objects of magic...and Heretics, theoretically, are supposed to want to destroy magic, not just keep it under strict control, or so I thought...

Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 10:05:10 am »

Agree, the whole point of Heretics is to STOP mortals using/trying to control magic.

I sense that all arguements from the heretics will come down to 'I wanna big shiny items' and they will use any silly comments to keep them.  Wink

No mercy from my grim ass.
Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 03:27:03 pm »

After the purification an item is ready for mortal use - it means that now its magic is under strict control.

Under strict control? Does that mean its officially now operated by batteries? Strict control would mean that the magic is being controlled but is still there.... when in fact your suppose to purge the item of ALL magical ability. Think your words wisely next time. I think in situation like this purification should remove the ability completely to heal, auto-whatever it does.

Solan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 03:29:07 pm »

Wait...wait...under strict control...hey, we mages have magic under strict control!  It only operates when we want it to!  So, guess that's that, we can live in peace with the heretics now! Grin Grin Grin

Mandrake

The Magician

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 03:30:33 pm »

to see wild magis in solace would be something interesting  Roll Eyes

MtM
Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 03:44:10 pm »

You talk something about Herecy...just look on yourself...

1) Kender are more or less about 8 - 12 year old kids with an adult's
intelligence. Kender are always happy and care free. Should one be found
otherwise, you can bet a devastating tragedy was the cause.
------------------
A Kender will not take orders, only suggestions.*
------------------

The Knights of Solamnia are an organization of good aligned
warriors who FOLLOW the CODE of Solamnia (set of RULES).  The Knights are supposed to truthful, honorable, and trustworthy (haha...trustworthy kenders..).

2) The Knights of the Crown is the only sect that assassins may join.

look at that... Gizmo the male kender, Knight of the Sword

Well this is no longer an excuse you can use, Gizmo deleted, So now how do you justify wearing this stuff? Clever you think you still are?  Wink

Hiddukel

Prince of Lies

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 04:50:06 pm »

I have not seen these Heretics wielding such weapons/healing items yet.

But when I do, I will ask them if I can remove their spellbane, as their hatred of magic is obviously not strong enough anymore.

So, we shall see.

Hiddukel, Prince of Lies
Dedraelos

Erp!?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 07:26:29 pm »

I wore the flame of the tower, true, this was when I thought it was just a powerful mace, I didn't know about it's secret "magical" use. I've since lost it, so I guess that doesn't matter. Neither I, nor Ydobb, or Austin wore the medallion of Mishakal, for it was destroyed for the goals of purity. What I don't want to see is heretics reduced to using practice maces and newbie gear. If you want heretics to use weapons that won't use and acidic bite, freezing bite, or any such weapon, then all people will focus 100% on physical damage reduction and we will be reduced to nothing.  We realize we are in a clan, but also try to realize that we are playing a game just the same as you, and we don't log into the game saying "Hey, I think I'll log in and let someone kill me today so they can feel good about themselves".  If the goal is to get rid of anything that could be considered magical for Heretics I'm fine with that, but in return, give us MANY more non magical weapons(and armor), and the ability to cut VERY deep into physical damage reduction.  I don't need a mace with freezing bite that does MASSACRE if I've got a smashing weapon that does the same while bypassing the physical reductions.

P.S. Please keep in mind these are just my opinions. I don't wish to upset anyone, I just want everyone to realize we are trying to enjoy Solace just the same as you.

Khorag - Fist of the Heretics

The hardest thing in life is to make it as easy as possible. - Unknown

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Elutharo

Buck Futter!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 07:31:07 pm »

Your saying you dont think heretics is strong ?! My lord with all of those deathblows you dont need better armor.  Were not talking about flame of tower, were talking about the enchanted column of ice. Now as you being a heretic you should realize that if the name of a weapon includes something like that, off the bat you shouldnt touch it... This situation reminds me a lot of the yankees and how they sign all top free agents, and its still not enough so they sign a lot more just to piss everyone else off. You guys are strong already and dont need these items, especially for the fact its against your rules...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Common Discussions  |  Topic: Heretics and magical items... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length