Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 04:04:13 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Logs  |  Topic: Cannibals among us! Terrible ! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Cannibals among us! Terrible !  (Read 9554 times)
Sgt Pepper

Beatles is not so dead...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 03:13:27 pm »

But it's still racist, they are strong and stupid, it is how Europe use to saw other cultures, seems that this point of view still prevail.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Dudley

...If chins could kill...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 08:56:10 pm »

First of all, the people that write these books are geeks. So what is on their mind is sorcery, chivalry, heroism, and whatever pops into their fantasy. My guess is "Lets bash Africa, by relating them to cows/bulls" in my book far from probability. Someone probably said "hey it would be really cool if he ate the heart"

Second, A Minotaur is a well greased killing machine, you cant have such a perfect killer be intelligent too. I just couldnt see something like Elutharo the male minotaur, Arcane Lord of the Tower.  And what if the guy in question said to himself "Hey there are mighty warriors in Africa who eat the hearts of their slain foes. They are good hunters, lets borrow their custom for these good hunters."

As far as I'm concerned you are too sensitive to the whole racism = minotaur thing. If that's the case I think you should have a serious problem with the running of the bulls in Spain. (((Bull = Minotaur = African)) god damn racist bulls.

Close the door! What were you raised ina barn?! ...You were....with the rest of you primitives...
Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 06:36:14 pm »

In 'Last of the Mohicans', the Huron gets the heart of his fallen enemy....

I don't think it was being racist, in fact it makes the Huron look even more powerful and dangerous.

Remember, most 'racism' is only seen by white middle-aged men who cause more offence by pointing out and trying to explain what they think is racist!

I don't think anyone from Africa would compare the eating of a heart in a fantasy book in any way a racist comment. It would not even enter their minds.

No mercy from my grim ass.
Zeboim

Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 02:50:31 pm »

Much ado about nothing it is... Tongue

Queen Zeboim the Jealous, the Darkling Sea
Sgt Pepper

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 04:14:15 am »

Well, I think that this topic isn't going anywhere so let me say some final words about it:
Lord of  the Rings:

- Sauron, the DARK lord
-  in the movie, the only humans that fight for sauron (I can't recall the name now) were wearing turbans and riding gigantic elephants (the mumakils), you can't deny that they are moslems.
-the elfs, that clearly mean something like purity, beauty, etc have white skin, yellow, golden or silvery hair and green or blue eyes
I understand that this book was written in the early 1900, but it's still used as base-books to RPG and fantasy books

Dragonlance:

-that stuff that I already said about minos
-the same elvish stuff of the LotR
-The greater evil god is a woman (or a female dragon, whatever)
I didn't actually read  any Dragonlance, all that I know is what I learned playing solace. Embarrassed

Dungeons and Dragons and others similars RPGs

-Drows: BLACK elfs with WHITE hair
-In the whole book, you can only see 1 mulatto character, the others are white.
-again the same stuff of dark lord, dark land etc...

I don't abominate these books, actually I play D&D, and read all of the Tolkiens books, I just think that it could be different, the vile white-skinned elfs destroy a village of peaceful minotaurs. Tongue Wink

Dudley

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 10:01:13 am »

I agree, though i cant help but to reply

In all
-black is a scary color man...its unknown, its  your eyes closed, fear is unknown
-black people are not the color black, and white people are not the color white they are just easy to relate and people are lazy with cognition

LotR
-having muslem guys kick ass on giant elephants isnt so bad seeing as how the muslems beat the bejesus out of the christians in 4/4 crusades (saving the outcome of the first where they established a good trade route, but that didnt protect them from the ass whipping)
-elf a white guy wrote the book so its his fantasy, and in his mind's eye beauty is more than likely a white chick, thats my guess anyway if elves are supposed to personify that beauty

Dragonlance
-same as before
-and dragons are bad ass. enough said

D&D
- you'd better be careful with that white hair....having white rooted so close to their brains is probably turning them evil. i bet if you shave their heads they'd come back as 'children of the light'

Close the door! What were you raised ina barn?! ...You were....with the rest of you primitives...
Grim Assassin

My patience is infinite. My ass is grim.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 11:51:51 am »

I will reply just once more...

Most racism is dreamed up only in a do-gooders mind, seen where it does not exist, causing more harm when it is searched for and created from nothing.

Real racism is evil, bad and terrible, but there's enough of it around already that we don't have to look for it where it doesn't matter.

No mercy from my grim ass.
Dudley

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 12:02:04 am »

I'll buy that. Sounds right in my book

Solan

Walking eternally in the light.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2004, 03:12:22 am »

Well said indeed, oh he of the Grim Ass

You sank my Scrabbleship!
Sgt Pepper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2004, 12:33:53 pm »

Most racism is dreamed up only in a do-gooders mind, seen where it does not exist, causing more harm when it is searched for and created from nothing.

I know that racism in those books are not a huge problem, but my point is that it do exist, I'm from a very racist country (even with 49% of the population being black) and I know what "real" racism is and how problematic it can be, the only thing I'm saying is that if some fantasy writters had some good will it could change.

Damn, I couldn't hold myself, replied again  Tongue.

Well said indeed, oh he of the Grim Ass

Hahaha

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Logs  |  Topic: Cannibals among us! Terrible ! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length