Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:42:50 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  How about Guide for Middle Rank Characters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How about Guide for Middle Rank Characters?  (Read 4108 times)
ORKAN
High Member

Fire and Water, Earth and Air ...

« on: January 06, 2006, 03:59:05 pm »

I have used the Newbie guide, Ranking Area Guide and Newbie equipment guide and they have been very helpful if not essential in creating and enjoing mine character. But it has come to me that if you're not a dedicated player with many months/years of experience you'll be out of touch at middle ranks, blindly following peple willing to accept you to group.

So I ask if someone would comtribute with some bits of knowledge that would help such players, like where i can find the da**ed sleeping rug, intresting equipment or challanging adventure (like an are guide). I do  not ask ppl to put secret information like hidden items, rooms, of special manuals but at least where we might look for those ....

Best of luck to you all.
                     Great thanks to the immmortal staff od Solace.
                                       And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

To make peace, one must first find the peace within.
Nyrl
High Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:22:58 pm »

It's not that easy to describe, indeed....

Sleeping bags and like that. One is sold in Naiadia, but only at 25 rank. Rug can be found in gnomish desert, first turn south on eastern when moved from NewThalos to Pal. But it's easy to get lost there Smiley. Dwarven sleeping roll is on the way to qualinost, You wont mess it.
Orbs with protection good/evil (handy most times). Prot evil is in forest south from Kalaman, first way down near fishes. Worm has it. Prot good is nearby 2 centaurs soldiers, north from them. That place is somewhere like 4s2es2ed {op w} w {op d} d and so on to south-west-down. Worm once again.
Potions. Fly and Detect invis is from Kalaman. Invis from Palanthas. Invis 'for free' can be found in secret place on road to Qualinost. Wands with slow (weak) are from Kalaman. Free pills with fly are from grove south from Nethosak. Pass door is either from ogre catacombs, south from Arkham or from Sla-Mori.
Adventures.... It's for heroes.... Smiley

When somebody takes You to group, just look what they do and what they advise You. Then You can study certain things from them. It's all too hard to explain, way better to answer direct questions and consider real situations than write a large theory here.

About where and how to exp. Areas were mentioned before. I doubt it's interesting to write which mobs to kill, and how to do this - You can find it out Yourself and that will helps You to understand what and why happens.

Please, write exact questions here, and You'll get detailed answers I think Smiley But guide would be *too* large and full of theory.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:59:04 pm »

And it is useful to make logs while you're travelling in a group. And read them after to know the roads, ways and so on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length