Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:13:32 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Manuals and Spellbooks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Manuals and Spellbooks  (Read 2341 times)
Maerryji
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:13:25 am »

(First read http://solace.i-read-you.ru/manuals_books.shtml )

Each class has at least one book specific to it, and generally if you name the most distinguished feature of the class you will name the area where at least one manual for that class works. Some of the books are usable for more than one class.
There are also manuals of general use, that either add some points to your hp/mana/moves etc. or give you a temporary but notable advantage lasting from ~300 to >1000 hours (well, there is one that lasts below 100 hours).

Q.: I have a book and I want to know what class is it for. How can I do that?
A.: If that is not a spellbook, just look at it. Its cover says who can use it. If that is spellbook, find someone who can cast 'read magic'.

Q.: So if I don't have 'read magic' spell, I can't say anything about my spellbook? But maybe its appearance gives some information?
A.: Yes, it does. Each spell has a certain type of books to be written into.
- leather bound spellbooks: some of them are almost useless, but there are important ones. Leather book can be usable by all or almost all mages, or by a certain class only.
- silver-spined spellbooks: mostly for invokers. All of them are decent, some are important. Each book is for a certain class only.
- gold-lettered spellbooks: mostly for invokers and necromancers. Some of them are still of moderate value, but of course the most important are of that type. Each book is for certain class only.

Q.: I cannot memorize the spell from spellbook, because I lack the knowledge. What does this mean?
A.: You must have some spell at 100% before reading it. Try everything that seems to be related with a spell you are trying to read.

Q.: How do I find books?
A.: Generally there are two strategies. First one is to kill the same creatures you kill to grow at the high ranks (mermaids, zombies in Mausoleum and pitch-black tunnels etc.). It's not very fast so don't whine if you see no books after a few rounds of killing. Just be patient. The second strategy is to march across the universe looking at every single creature you meet if it is tougher than a sparrow. Don't whine... be patient.

Books are supposed not just to improve a class, but to make some difference between characters of the same class. And to give advantages to the experienced and devoted players, too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:48:38 am by Maerryji » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length