Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:05:18 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Disballance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disballance  (Read 8077 times)
Areth

« on: November 22, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

Towers abjurer with Chromatic set vs Solamnia knight with 3 healing items = Tower did reraid and raided Solamnia.

More and more I feel the disballance in game on my skin.

This sux!
Abjurers have chance to  kill slowly inner and rest in astral... and so until the death of inner...
The only help could be some scroll with area attack spell, but those things are too rare again...

The idea is to make raid of Solamnia some harder while 1 vs 1 or lets accept abjurers in Solamnia too? ... And now  its not  a clanwar, but just stupid massacre... ( the same thing was with abjurers in Takhisis)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:24:25 pm by Areth » Logged
zondra

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:21:52 am »

waks just has every item to make her hard to kill.
bluesky

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:04:57 am »

More and more I feel the disballance in game on my skin.

It's rather disbalance in players Smiley
Abjurer without autocasting would suck too against dragon with divine damage and firebreath while raiding and knight defending. And most of them are such. Only one abjurer can have chromatic. Unfortunatelly it is enemy of you.

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
bluesky

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:09:13 am »

waks just has every item to make her hard to kill.
I almost killed her once, but she fled! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:27:33 am by bluesky » Logged

and they flew.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 03:28:33 am »

I already put my views on this more then once.

Equip should not have the role it has in the game... A smart/experienced person not very well equiped should be able to win/survive against a person with good equip. Strategy should be more important.
And even though we have uberequip in the game, the balancing of classes should take uber equip and normal equip in consideration. People prefer abjurers because a abjurers benefit much more from uberequip then any other class...

When I had alteration transmuter in Tower, I got bracelets that healed, chromatic armor, kris that casted harm... but I didn't need all that... Abjurers, as Goshke said, would suck without them against Solamnia's inner guard... But the point isn't that. The point is that abjurer is supposed to be a SUPPORT class. Clerics are a SUPPORT class.
The uber equip makes everything imbalanced because, not only can an abjurer be immortal but, he can be a deathmachine, cast sanctuary on his friends, and paralyse his enemies.

IMHO, remove most autocasting items. Leave one or another, each for different kinds of alignment (and impossible to corrupt) so that it will be impossible to use more then one at the same time.

Or, change game system so that one autocasting item doesn't work when you are wearing another, of stronger level. That way, most people won't feel encouraged to have all autocasting.
So, in that case, if someone was wearing golden leaf pendant and chromatic armor, only one of them would function.

What would have to come with all this? Abjurers would have to be rethought. (But this was allready the case, in terms of balance)

Another thing that has to be rethought in terms of balance: Why the hell do abjurers and invokers of 35 lvl (mages in general, in the old days) have to be stronger then other classes in 35th level?

That is just wrong. Alright, if you think from the point of view that a mage has to study and perfect his spells, etc, etc, etc... Then when he reaches his max power, he will be super strong. But it's a game, goddamnit, and balance is most important.

Invokers can be invulnerable against elemental damage and give others good protection from elemental damage, recite scrolls, brandish staves, do absurd amounts damage of all kinds of elements, and clerics of Sargonnas have only fire resistance (Which they cannot give to their companions) and fire/negative damage. Clerics of Sirrion? Etc...

Balance should be main focus of the game... it is not...

Funniest part of it all is that Knights (especially in Solamnia) are one of the strongest classes in the game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:31:13 am by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Biopower
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:44:14 pm »

How I like such junk posts.... IT's very funny.
bluesky

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 03:38:55 pm »

I think that game is surprisingly well balanced. I could never make such balanced game, if i would give a try. It is hell tough job to be so objective and watch game from all classes/races combo side. It is a hell tough job. And i think it is well done.

The other thing is that Areth with sword of planes and manual of divine weapon could do better against dark elf...But it's not my job to offer solutions...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:49:47 pm by bluesky » Logged

and they flew.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 04:16:59 pm »

A smart/experienced person not very well equiped should be able to win/survive against a person with good equip. Strategy should be more important.
It is now.

And even though we have uberequip in the game, the balancing of classes should take uber equip and normal equip in consideration. People prefer abjurers because a abjurers benefit much more from uberequip then any other class...

When I had alteration transmuter in Tower, I got bracelets that healed, chromatic armor, kris that casted harm... but I didn't need all that... Abjurers, as Goshke said, would suck without them against Solamnia's inner guard... But the point isn't that. The point is that abjurer is supposed to be a SUPPORT class. Clerics are a SUPPORT class.
The uber equip makes everything imbalanced because, not only can an abjurer be immortal but, he can be a deathmachine, cast sanctuary on his friends, and paralyse his enemies.

Cool. Before everyone complained on crap items in game, when coders changed it, players complain again.

IMHO, remove most autocasting items. Leave one or another, each for different kinds of alignment (and impossible to corrupt) so that it will be impossible to use more then one at the same time.

We all have rights to have crazy imho. Okay.

Or, change game system so that one autocasting item doesn't work when you are wearing another, of stronger level. That way, most people won't feel encouraged to have all autocasting.
So, in that case, if someone was wearing golden leaf pendant and chromatic armor, only one of them would function.

How to do it? Easily.

set game system mode new. One command in a code.

Funniest part of it all is that Knights (especially in Solamnia) are one of the strongest classes in the game.

There are many classes who are very powerful in hands of good players and suck in others.
Areth

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »

There are many classes who are very powerful in hands of good players and suck in others.

Want to say that my hands grow from ass? Go to hell with such allusions!
I have played for knights sience  beginning of 199x and exactly a knight was my first character in Solace...

So you can relax and be sure that current Waks (with current equipment) will f*ck any player whoever will play Areth now. I can give you a password and you can even try it yourself.

K0nunG
Premium Member

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 07:22:57 pm »

divine weapon is useless against Soth's set. Antiq flaming, wyrmslayer, icehart etc will do
planes, stryfe are also nice.

— Откуда у тебя топор?
— Мне королева эльфов дала.
— Зашибись! А топор-то откуда?
Areth

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »

divine weapon is useless against Soth's set. Antiq flaming, wyrmslayer, icehart etc will do
planes, stryfe are also nice.
I think two healing ignited solamnic swords are the best solution, however even they can't help, as practic has shown.
And spear is good for retreating mostly, becouse chargeset will not work if you are forced to attack first.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:42 pm »

Want to say that my hands grow from ass? Go to hell with such allusions!
I have played for knights sience  beginning of 199x and exactly a knight was my first character in Solace...

So you can relax and be sure that current Waks (with current equipment) will f*ck any player whoever will play Areth now. I can give you a password and you can even try it yourself.

You hear only you want to hear. My message was a reply to Argonar's note.

Please, note you speak with forum administration. Be more polite. Thanks.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 05:04:30 am »

We all have rights to have crazy imho. Okay.

Comments such as these are worthless. At least I try to explain my views.
Sorry for being so direct. And if you think this reply is insulting, then maybe you should consider how offensive your reply may have sounded.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:27 am »

Damn, again and again.
One said go to hell, another is talking how offensive my comments are.

You are all maniacs, I am so tired from this. Have a feeling that I am talking to sensitive girls, oh my God.

I really have no wish to stay here anymore. Almost noone knows respect here.
Everyone is trying to blame, to turn every conversation to crap.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:29:31 am by Nierth » Logged
shadyn
Premium Member

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:29 am »

hay.. calm down everyone...
please.... only few players left..
lets kill each over ? enough to behave like that...... how I behaved before Tongue
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:35:19 am by shadyn » Logged
Urimarr
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 12:34:32 pm »

Have a feeling that I am talking to sensitive girls
*Singing* Let the girls cryyyy.
only few players left.
Counting Argonar's forum posts you can exchange him for three new players Smiley

Damn, post some logs. Too boring to read such crappy threads Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length