Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:27:20 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Abj trans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Abj trans  (Read 11069 times)
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« on: December 06, 2014, 07:22:56 pm »

Astral reformed :

When astral is cast it will leave the casters body behind and the mind will be able to wander to wherever and look and speak and then the choice can be made to revert back to the body or bring the body to where the mind had wandered.

The casters body while in astral will be still be vulnerable to attack and if attacked will bring the users mind back to his body. This violent return will leave the Mage briefly stunned until he regains his senses. That should ensure the magi is careful where and when he goes into astral.

This should balance out abj trans with the rest of the professions and eliminate the untouchable nature of the beast. As well as eliminate he abuse of astral to hold relics once retrieved so that none other has the chance at them.

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
zondra

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »

i like it, i think this class is too easy to hoard and too powerful to elite players. to normal and newbie players it isn't very strong but in the hands the wrong person we all know what can happen
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 03:16:17 am »

- evil abj. Just gets chromatic and spams hold person....good abj. Just gets all auto-heals and trolls unkillable.  It is lame we all know it.  But novice abj makes it look terribad ... Tough situation

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
jAx
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:22:51 am »

Well in that regard Kage I don't remembr what help file it was that explains it but newbies picking a mage to start with is not a good idea. Especially and abj trans. I think things will be fine with this implementation. Changing astral to this form is for the best ....

Kage

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 03:25:28 am »

Well in that regard Kage I don't remembr what help file it was that explains it but newbies picking a mage to start with is not a good idea. Especially and abj trans. I think things will be fine with this implementation. Changing astral to this form is for the best ....

- Yeah in higher pop. Times classes like abj and mish cleric are easier starts ...find group etc... Now you better know what your doing if you roll those solo for sure.  Its fine most issues are helped with higher pop

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Proph

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 07:43:32 am »

Well in that regard Kage I don't remembr what help file it was that explains it but newbies picking a mage to start with is not a good idea. Especially and abj trans.
Abj trans is the easiest mage to play IMHO. Very little mastery required, awesome buffs, support role not too difficult to fulfill, always welcome in any group.

I've said for years and years that Abj is the way to go if you want almost 0% chance of losing your shinies after a certain point. I agree wholeheartedly that astral needs to be rethought. Too many almost unbeatable combinations with it, and no real PK danger for them unless they act very carelessly.

Considering the powers that Abj get, they really don't have to pay too much compared to some other classes.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »

dont dont and dont get anything from any classes - BETTER YOU ADD!

it should be main rule for game.

i know one way to balance every wrong hands who get some class and make life of people hard - all should hunt that unbeatable powerseeker - and nothing more

because all classes tuned to prevent uber experience players use em for unbeatable - but for newbie or person who have tons of time - it s hard to play, even  by transmutter
jAx
Lifetime Member

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 03:14:16 am »

Thieves were weakened to maintain balance just saying

novann
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 09:55:49 am »

My idea:
1. Return the feat that area cast will reveal the abj from astral, in old times it worked.
2. New feat, saw it at some other mud: abj astralled get 1 hp (like he is just a vulnerable wandering soul), and catching by area cast he will die. So people will think about go to astral or not, and it will help at PK.
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:36:13 am »

My idea:
2. New feat, saw it at some other mud: abj astralled get 1 hp (like he is just a vulnerable wandering soul), and catching by area cast he will die. So people will think about go to astral or not, and it will help at PK.
Smells like Dawn of Eternity  Smiley
AoE spells were unable to harm astral mind. There were some exceptions (don't remember them though).
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 11:29:02 am »

to balance astralled storers just need to enter 1 Quest item for smugglers coins - astral seeing. so abjurers will fine with it - but will get their asses kicked if they will only store and walk astralled

quest item for 1000 qp smugglers is ok, and not hard to code just one item, then code whole system of body dropping or 1 hp, which can lead to tons of crash/bug/overuses
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »

Heh, imms will say - find da manual of true sight.
Even I think you can win something like that on gambler may be - must be added.
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 12:15:56 pm »

What about this: the time you are in astral doesn't count as the time you are in game. Limwatch demon will do the rest job. Roll Eyes
Lynx
Premium Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »

What about this: the time you are in astral doesn't count as the time you are in game. Limwatch demon will do the rest job. Roll Eyes

Ok, they will sit under duo.
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 07:08:07 am »

Ok, they will sit under duo.
Errrr, same rule  Shocked
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 11:57:34 pm »

to add

how abjuration transmutter supposed to fight against heretics fighters?

actually he hardly can survive or damage em, he can do lucky decimate in form if heretic damaged and lower in rank - but in general - nothing to do, spellbane is nearly 99% even if heretic lower rank...

i dont whine, just inform - abj trans class is not supposed to anyhow fight heretics - so no fights...
Kage

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 01:51:42 am »

to add

actually he hardly can survive or damage em, he can do lucky decimate in form if heretic damaged and lower in rank - but in general - nothing to do, spellbane is nearly 99% even if heretic lower rank...

i dont whine, just inform - abj trans class is not supposed to anyhow fight heretics - so no fights...

- Yeah just an unfavorable matchup for sure, though unclanned mage vs heretic is not fun anyway in general.  Sometimes that happens that way,  I'm sure unclanned Mishakal priest hates fighting Takh outcast too.  Support/utility vs fighter/dps is not the most fun battle ever in any circumstance.

unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 05:16:01 am »

to add

ÄÅÍÈÑÊÀ!!1 Grin

For the darkness! Angry
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »

still raid hold is the decision - but... it s long way of raiding inquizitor by abju trans...
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

ANY experienced player who knows how to play is OP.

You are trying to balance MUD looking at top pkillers.
It is the very old story.

OP player with great experience creates abj mutter and torns all his PK enemies.
Other players are writing on forum that abj is OP.

Later the same player creates beast assassin and torns all his PK enemies.
Now assassin is OP.

Balancing powers should be oriented on ALL players. Not on elite ones.

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length