Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 10:46:51 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
solace.senseisoft.com:4000

- Please no drama, no toxic stuff etc. Respect each other. Let everyone play and enjoy.
- Respect legacy of Solace: roleplay.
- Strictly follow ALL RULES.

Consider clans closed for now. Write a role indicating you'd love a certain clan; you might be inducted at some point (don't worry about your level).

Coming soon: a solution for solo mages level grind. Multicharring is NOT allowed (see above about following all rules).

Cheers!

(don't forget to invite friends on other platforms)
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)
--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  While rolling a new char
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: While rolling a new char  (Read 15195 times)
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« on: September 23, 2005, 05:32:56 pm »

There are max stats which every race can have. Notice that you aren't able to roll all your stats at maximum - the best sum that you can roll is (max_stat_sum - 7).

Human            100 (Str: 20 Int: 20 Wis: 20 Dex: 20 Con: 20)
Half-Elf           102 (Str: 19 Int: 23 Wis: 20 Dex: 21 Con: 19)
Dwarf             104 (Str: 22 Int: 20 Wis: 20 Dex: 17 Con: 25)
Elf                  104 (Str: 17 Int: 25 Wis: 23 Dex: 23 Con: 16)
Wild-Elf           104 (Str: 18 Int: 24 Wis: 21 Dex: 24 Con: 17)
Dark-Elf          104 (Str: 19 Int: 24 Wis: 20 Dex: 23 Con: 18)
Kender            99  (Str: 18 Int: 20 Wis: 18 Dex: 25 Con: 18)
Gnome            104 (Str: 18 Int: 23 Wis: 25 Dex: 18 Con: 20)
Minotaur          98  (Str: 25 Int: 15 Wis: 17 Dex: 17 Con: 24)
Draconian        102 (Str: 23 Int: 22 Wis: 18 Dex: 17 Con: 22)

NB: For human - best sum is 96 (max_stat_sum - 4)
(thanks to master)

The following races may be chosen by players:

Human       No extra xp.
  Half-Elf       Cost 5% extra xp per level.
  Dwarf         Cost 10% extra xp per level.
  Elf               Cost 20% extra xp per level.
  Wild Elf       Cost 20% extra xp per level.
  Dark Elf       Cost 20% extra xp per level.
  Kender        Cost 10% extra xp per level.
  Gnome        Cost 10% extra xp per level.
  Minotaur     Cost 25% extra xp per level.
  Draconian   Cost 20% extra xp per level.

(thanks to orkan)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 04:04:11 pm by Nierth » Logged
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 05:47:18 pm »

Human:           no special abilities
Half-elf:          permanent sneak and infravision
Dwarf:            permanent infravision
Elf:                permanent sneak and infravision, forest blending
Wild-elf:         permanent sneak and infravision, forest blending
Dark-elf:         permanent sneak and infravision
Kender:          taunt, thrust, whirl
Gnome:           staves, wands
Minotaur:        deathblow (fighters only); enhanced damage, bash, berserk at 100% (*)
Draconian:       regeneration, acidic spit, flying

(*) provided the class you chose has these skills

« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 12:22:30 am by Lord Habbakuk » Logged
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 07:09:33 pm »

It's end of day and I'm tired to think. I want to know what is the sens on new rolling system? I do not see it at all. Give max stat to con and allow to chose all others by own wish of players.
Nuitari
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 07:20:57 pm »

Everyone except newbies already has triggers for rolling, new system simplifies it for them.
If you do not wish to have maximum con: use "con -", "con -", "smthelse +"
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 09:53:13 pm »

No, it's clear that a char must have max con from first lvl. Then for what con -?
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 10:26:26 pm »

We removed rolling after we noticed some newbies rolled at -15.. -20.. However, now, you have full control over stats, you can decrease or increase any stat.
Nuitari
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 12:23:05 am »

No, it's clear that a char must have max con from first lvl. Then for what con -?

Not at all clear for me. Some megamunch uberfastranking strategies may require having maximum dex/str at first level  Grin

And no, Crusader, I'm not going to remove everything you don't need. Or even something that nobody needs. Just because it's not needed, something does not have to be removed.
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 12:28:48 am »

I'm not asking to remove. I'm just trying to understand for what all that need. And the most silly thing that people always doing that they do not take expiriense of others. Like with sanc and alters. I can't count how many times they recived and were striped it. So, I want to know your point of view. No offense.
jemma
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 01:53:57 am »

Sorry, but I hate the new rolling system.
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 08:02:40 am »

Look, I'm not fond of the new system either, but I understand it, and frankly, stats truely aren't that large of a deal, as most people can get them to full by rank 10-12(whatever) and its not a big deal, and I do see how the new way is much more newbie friendly, so I'm willing to put up with it, as its not that difficult, and actually cuts back on rolling time.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 12:28:39 pm »

Perhaps we'd give less training sessions to players and stuff, but this needs a pwipe, so we hope you understand that the new system is very newbie-friendly and you put up with it.
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 02:44:46 pm »

Previouse rolling system were nice, all you need just show max stats for all races. Stop turing Solace to kindergarden. I can't understand for what you need pwipe? It's so hard to implement upgrade fuction using version compare? Or you do not use such feature like version x.x?
Nyrl
High Member

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 03:23:04 pm »

Versioning was implemented a long-long-long time ago, at least it was there.
About rolling - as for me, I simply don't understand what is the sense to spend, let's say, an hour or two just to roll character with preffered set of stats? You know Yourself what You WANT to have, and You just run triggers to obtain them for You. This systems allows You not to spent an hour, You just connect and create character - You are not limited in connection speed or pings while rolling (nothing funny, at home roll is about 3-4 times slower). After all, why not just let person choose what he wants - hardcore mudders will run super-puper rollers and drink a coffee whole day waiting for char creation. While those who are lazy for that will create char by simply selecting stats he wants to be maxed?
As for me, I'd better like to see max summ slighly lowered, so chars would be created at, let's say, -10 from max - that would make stat-increasing items worthy since all stats (with exception to int, probably) are taking role not only at ranks gaining, and cause peoples to waste trains not only at con, but also at other stats.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:26:38 pm by Nyrl » Logged
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 03:29:35 pm »

Nyrl is absolutely right.

As for char versioning - if we decrease total number of trains, people who rolled before would have an advantage. Moreover, we do not know whether character of 35th rank spent his trains on hps or stats or mana and we cannot auto-strip his trains/health/mana/stats.
ORKAN
High Member

Fire and Water, Earth and Air ...

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:56:43 pm »

This is one of the most useful topics here. I look at it almost every time I make a character. But I vaguely remember the list for each race with its XP penalty and cannot find it any where. Can someone find it and put it somehow under the first post here, so all three list are one after other?

And one more question. I read also somewhere that Minotaurs can wield twohanded weapons because of their strenght. This is true. Mine ranger is dual wielding flamberge and nightmare blade. What I would like to know is : Can you wield two flamberges? And what is strenght requirement for this. Can draconian do this? or some other class?

To make peace, one must first find the peace within.
Rialon

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 02:07:55 pm »

Only minos can wield two-handed weapon in one hand. If i am not mistaken, some weapons can be wielded in both hands (the same weapons i mean) and some can't. Not sure how it works, but weaponmaster did not solve this problem for all weapons.
Vasq
Premium Member

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 10:35:15 am »

New rolling system is really stupid. Player may spend at least few hourse rolling new charater. The time spent for rolling is exact cost of character. Easy-rolled persons means nothing for player and he will play it like a trash. But if you are rolling main charater and planing to play it a lot you may spend days of rolling.. In old times I did 200.000-300.000 rolls before get decent stats. :PP
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 12:18:42 pm »

No. We are going to make time spent on character to be his value, not the time spent on senseless rolling.
ORKAN
High Member

Fire and Water, Earth and Air ...

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 10:45:53 am »

Acctually I like new rolling sistem. It is simple and ALL have the same chance at the begining. Which in my eyes is better than sitting by the computer waiting hours for that great roll ...

To make peace, one must first find the peace within.
aps
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 05:22:29 am »

i like the rolling system, too
some ppl actually "enjoy" spending LOTS of time rolling

umm and about that duel wielding, on my draconian fighter i am able to wield the same type of weapon in both hands, but on an drac outcast nope, so i think it deals with class, too
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length