Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:49:50 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Inn
| | |-+  I Wonder...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I Wonder...  (Read 4166 times)
Tarius
High Member

« on: December 31, 2005, 10:49:56 am »

Given the choice, they much prefer facing their opponents in glorious, head-on battle, than stabbing them in the back, and a treacherous minotaur is a rare sight indeed.

So, assuming this is correct, a Minotaur killing the guard on your guild while you sleep, and when you wake up (no protection and completely unprepared), killing you for your armor, without a word or anything and the only response, and not a response to crying for eq, just stating the dishonorable nature of the attack, "stop crying.. girl". Hmm, seems kind of ridiculous, doesn't it. At least to me, it does.

Interesting, let me know if i'm wrong...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 10:52:23 am by Tarius » Logged
Valeria
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 11:54:53 am »

Given the choice, they much prefer facing their opponents in glorious, head-on battle, than stabbing them in the back, and a treacherous minotaur is a rare sight indeed.

So, assuming this is correct, a Minotaur killing the guard on your guild while you sleep, and when you wake up (no protection and completely unprepared), killing you for your armor, without a word or anything and the only response, and not a response to crying for eq, just stating the dishonorable nature of the attack, "stop crying.. girl". Hmm, seems kind of ridiculous, doesn't it. At least to me, it does.

Interesting, let me know if i'm wrong...

I guess while the majority of the Mino nation is honorable (supposed to be honorable), there are likely those that are not?  The response could have been better played, I think.
Tarius
High Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »

Exactly my point. I cant understand the 'rouge' Minotaur, the one who doesn't believe life is based around honor (which is hardly believable anyway, and you'd have to be damn good at RP). But the fact that it was completely out of nowhere, and was purely for armor was riduclous. I could have understood if he had said something to the affect of proving his strength over me or proving the weakness of the human race, but there was nothing. Interesting is what it is... Not that there is anything that can be done.
Werewolf
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 01:59:59 pm »

From the minotaur's point of view it could have looked another way:
he comes to the guild to fight you, but you don't come out. He strikes the guard, the guard yells out loudly for help, but you still hide behind the guard's back. After such dishonorable behavior you do not deserve anything but to be slain in cold blood. Leaving aside the fact the if you are not a minotaur yourself, you are lower race in his eyes, and are not worthy of any respect anyway.

PS I'm not that mino, just a thoughts after reading your post.
Tarius
High Member

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 12:30:40 am »

Sure, maybe that could be true... minus the fact that i was fast asleep. I mean, considering the Minotaurs that walk around Solace now, it's hardly believable that he tried to 'challenge'. I don't know, i just prefer RP, i don't know why people play with none sometimes.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 03:31:23 pm »

I'd really like to knew this mino's ethos. I saw many LAWFUL people, who break laws often *shrug*

Honor is rare nowadays...

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length