Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:25:08 am
Return to the new forum > Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Tag [log][/log] is still available for posting logs.

Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Logs  |  Topic: this really must be fixed somehow « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: this really must be fixed somehow  (Read 29850 times)
Zamarahal
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 09:38:51 am »

Now imagine that before briars were working even more better and still people were fighting against warders somehow .
Hiddukel

Prince of Lies

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 10:04:03 am »

oh come on!

Whats the big deal? Sometimes briars don't ever work, and they still have to be in the forest, and a smart fighter won't attack them in the forest (unless you have to reraid of course!!!)

And yes, ranger and cleric are deadly.

BUT- So are Necromancer and Cleric together. And fighter and cleric, and invoker and cleric, and any combination at all if they play well.

Its good for world balance, because before today only one complain I ever heard- Tower's rock too much. Now, its better Smiley

Hiddukel, Prince of Lies
Earwin

the Disgusting Rotting Kender of Takhisis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 10:29:45 am »

If 'something' did not happen because of one immortal we all know, the Tower would still rock.  Angry
Dervish

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 10:39:07 am »

indeed
and in less importance cos of changes of another Immortal, who suxxed invokers, necromancers and whole Tower and raised Solamnia few times takhisis and entropy and herecy
Earwin

the Disgusting Rotting Kender of Takhisis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2004, 10:43:25 am »

The thing i loved: improvement of Takhisis 'phantasmal armor' is just adding resistances against spellfire damtypes.

No, if you improve spells for a person that paralyzes herself using your spellturning field and dies afterwards, it won't help her  Grin
Zamarahal
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2004, 12:22:01 pm »

How it looks now in affects new takhisis armor ?
Wich kind of resists ?
Hiddukel

Prince of Lies

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 12:22:21 pm »

Should Tower be the strongest of all clans though? Maybe its time has come to be overshadowed by other powers. All life is a cycle, all strengths will come and go like tides upon the Oceans....

We can do nothing but ride the waves, and pray they never grow still and dull.

Lips Sealed Uff what is this crap I am saying? Screw you all!  Tongue

Hiddukel, Prince of Lies
pioneer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2004, 03:34:10 pm »

Hiddukel, Tower must rule and it was so and there wasn't any complains and reduces before Kiri-Jolith started to do his changes.

1. it is the hardest thing to get hero invoker (abjura or necro) even in Tower. I don't say how much time he has to spend in drinking wine and cast spells to master. So, the logic is clear - the harder you gain ranks, the stronger you are compared to other.  Priest or ranger or knight are the easiest classes to rank up.

2. Tower has all kind of players (good, neutral, evil) - so it has to gain best benefits of it.

But, Kiri-Jolith disagrees. He increased Solamnia even that it doesn't help it and reduce Tower so much that it is not even interesting to play.

Just tell me, how it is even POSSIBLE that Shadowbane works against good-aligned people?? isn't it too much?
Why all mobiles started to absolutly deflect spellfire sometimes? and so on and so on.

Kiri-Jolith, you must remember that you are not only the one who supports Solamnia, but also guy who apply almost all changes now and they must be balanced.

When you started to reduce Tower, mages still ruled coz of personal skills. Now to me it seems almost impossible even if there are only papas of all times in Tower.
Maniacus

Mugaga!.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2004, 03:41:38 pm »

Don't make me laugh, real cheaters can make HERO INVOKER/TRANSMUTER/NECROMANCER in 3, maximum 4 days, i know some of such peoples. How is for me, the much harder to master MINO warrior.
Aringmarol

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2004, 03:48:31 pm »

3 or 4 days, heh gay you never play Invoker or Necros then....

for a Necro need 1-2 day for mastered 1 spell, think about how match day's need Invoker ...

You talk bulls**t
pioneer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2004, 03:51:33 pm »

Maniacus, I don't speak about cheaters.  

and if you think that it is harder to master mino-fighter than invoker, nothing i can say. First of all, mino doesn't really need to master everything. And Invoker or Necro MUST. That is the difference.

I ranked up as Sokaie honestly about 2 weeks up to 25 rank. Mastered myself and waited for Tael 2 weeks more. Then ranked up to hero. Mastering and gathering money, got involved into clan wars and so on.
So, when I reached hero, I still had channel 1:1.1, spellfire which fizzles very often and thats it of clan powers I can find useful.

if Tower rocked or rocks it is not because mages were overpowered but only because good players within (I don't mean me, of course). So, why it is a way to decrease something only coz someone rocks in good balanced system as Tower was, I still can't understand.

Every player knows that priest of Chislev is overpowered, but no one touch poor old Trum.

Everyone sees that changes with Solamnia is not only powerful, but also illogical, but no one cares. But everyone says "ah, Tower gopa". Where's gopa? Or we all sit in irc and gops everyone? It is not true.
Vasq

Damn, why my karma is -1?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 04:01:54 pm »

Tower is suxxed and noone can't tell it is not. But it suxxed not because of their powers but because of it's players. I inducted expirienced players and who plays ofthen. So we got powerfull team of the mages who was able to slay almost everyone. When Tower was in it's best time, all other clans had a lot of junk players who don't play often so the difference looks like overpower. Now we see that Tower and mages at all was "balanced", but according to subjective point of view, but not because of real power of spells/skills.

Now I'm sure that invoker will looks much more in Warders and necromancer in Takhisis. Transmuter is also good in Entropy, but not in the Tower.
pioneer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 04:07:54 pm »

yes, thats what I tried to say. You've put it in better manner Smiley

« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 04:11:02 pm by pioneer » Logged
lynx
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2004, 04:12:23 pm »

I guess Maniacus said about raising a character, not about mastering. Really, it WAS not hard to get hero necromancer in Tower within 4 days, 1 of them for mastering 5 spells. After Kiri's change with skills growing system this statement turns into false. That all about changes. Solamnia will be fixed after some time, at least I think so, if it is really that tough after improves, all the scums will join that clan and Kiri finally will get tired of em and fix Solamnus back. Wink That the way things always go at Solace. Dunno about this Trum guy, offencive cleric(if he has no sanc, he cannot be defencive, sorry) idea sound weird to my ears. I think Chislev's cleric should be tuned a bit, to make them defencive class, totaly balanced with all the neutral clerics. That's all about Trum. Tower... yeah, what about old Warders - that was mega gang with nice holders as well? Channel can be fixed due to new feats, but spellfire IMHO should stay the same. All this oddity with suxxing magic looks twice strange for me - in ANY rpg nice mage is a something with something, not a piece of s**t, sorry.  
Maniacus

Mugaga!.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2004, 04:13:05 pm »

Ari and pio, i'll make you one easy example on one of my favorite classes, a ranger, mino ranger:
to master:
Camouflage - about 12 hours.
Ambush - about 30 hours.
Eyejab - about 5 hours NON STOPING JABBING.
Lash - even much more.
It is only a small part of needed skills to rock.

How did i master my necro:
Blind - 2 hours.
Poison - 2 hours.
Plague - 2 hours.
Blackwind - 3 hours.
Animate - 5 hours.
Mummify - 6 hours.
Prepare - i didn't master that skill at all.
Vampiric touch - through learning process.
Embalm - the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Solace Old Forum  |  Solace II  |  Logs  |  Topic: this really must be fixed somehow « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length