Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:45:24 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Official Site
| | |-+  Resurrect old items list?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Resurrect old items list?  (Read 27140 times)
Proph

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 11:51:58 am »

Heh.

I mainly posted it because I thought it would get people excited to play the game. Some people never see much beyond "museum level" eq and lose incredibly hard in pk(although not just for eq reasons). If they will see things like "staff of the stars" whoa, or "wow these tarnished steel rings are nice and they're actually easy to get", they might start playing a little smarter and add to the competition for 6 year russian veterans :p

My char Phallen usually has pretty good EQ, and I've only played for 1 1/2 years, live in Utah (america) and have never had a single ooc team or visited the IRC channel. I used the items list when it existed but still would use all the in-game help I could get (like learning how to navigate such areas as Tower or Edge... although I forgot nearly all of it). I think now there are too many newbies that don't find friendly enough players IC to help them out, and therefore get disillusioned and quit.

I hate to break it to you, but this MUD is not as newbie friendly as you think. I have introduced 6 friends to this game and only one of them stuck with it for more than a week.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Critic

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 12:00:12 pm »

Agree with Propha.  Smiley

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 12:53:35 pm »

Propha, Critic - you are right.

if Jemma for  5 years did not DISCOVERED finally all possible features - it s wrong.

most of ppl WITHOUT OOC things just CANT BE WELL IN SOLACE.

why damn you cant understand it???

and we cut locate, close item lists - where s newbie-friendly mud?

OOC gopa friendly - yes, with some occasional punishments, but newbies suffer a lot...

i vote to publish as more information as possible... then faster newbies will become experienced then faster world will grow...

what now?

look newbie - you need more then 5 years to start to understand something in solace... and feel yourself quite confident... WHAT? THANKS, another time.

if any purpose looks unachievable for person - he dont want it.

now most REALLY GREATE THINGS IN SOLACE are TOTALLY TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY UNACHIEVABLE FOR NEWBIES - hate this very much.

rule of modern marketing - give 99% of product for free and take a full price for last 1% - because if you show only 0.5% of all treasures of Solace, and ask lotsa YEARS of PLAYING to give another 1-5% of treasures fun and features - it will not work.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 01:06:48 pm »

Forgive me... but.. if Jemma was not able... it doesnt prove anything. *smirk* I know guy who now after playing for 3-4 months may be more experienced than many (me including).

And I think that person should play and learn and after that he will reach something. Knowledge (read - areas, items, fight tactic, tricks and so on) is like reward.

Let's give everything to everybody... What will we be striving for?
Critic

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:29 pm »

and where is this guy from? doesn't he use OOC? bullsh*t!

as for rewards... We will be more newbie-friendly, more newbies, more players, more fun, more fair battles (at least according to equipment). That is the aim!

Person will play and learn if he will have purposes, not seeking unknown items, which are located at mobiles one time per year. It's nice to have medallion of mishakal or chromatic set for some months or more. But no one who doesn't interact with item's owner won't know about its existance. And almost no one won't know where are these items from. It's just unfair.

Holtrou

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 02:07:58 pm »

I'm glad that someone understand what I meen. What reason to kill tonns of _naked_ creatures?
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 02:13:52 pm »

Seems we're using different languages.
I should understand it long ago...

Offtopic: To have ooc friends - it's not bad. If you like to play with person you want to meet him ooc, after you want to meet him in real life. It's all right!
And those who blame ooc - clarify that there are different ooc relations. Ooc ~against rules~ and ooc ~we are here and communicate~.

I have found friends here, and you, Critic, may tell me that I am crappy ooc-user, I dont care at all.

I'm glad that someone understand what I meen. What reason to kill tonns of _naked_ creatures?
Where did I offer you to kill naked (by the way, mobs have an inventory too)?
O! Ask Imms to add new areas, can you?!
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 02:22:50 pm »

The problem can be resolved by starting an unofficial site  Tongue
Proph

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 02:30:43 pm »

Yes, I understand how you want to protect the integrity of the site. I could probably find another place to host it for free if imms are willing to give up the item descriptions, or other players can help compile.

And no, I'm not saying that OOC is all bad. I'm saying that some people (probably half the people who enter the realms) don't have the luxury of meeting the immortals in a bar in russia to discuss developments on the MUD and joke around with all the hero ranked players. They also can't phone up some friends any time they want to rank up or go exploring on the realms.

I think this idea will really improve things on Krynn. I remember when I very first started playing (in 2001/2002) there were 30 or even sometimes 50 players on the realms at one time. Lately I have seen about 5-11 people on the who-list average, and even spent an entire RL HOUR completely alone (at a usually busy time)!! I don't want Solace to die. Let's get some new players.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 02:35:12 pm by ProphallictiC » Logged

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Critic

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 02:33:54 pm »

Seems we're using different languages.

it seems

I have found friends here, and you, Critic, may tell me that I am crappy ooc-user, I dont care at all.

I didn't say it. I said it's impossible without iic info sharing to be well in mud for some months. especially in equimpent.

Where did I offer you to kill naked (by the way, mobs have an inventory too)?

And where does player get info about mobile's equimpent from if it is naked?
Nowhere - without ooc!

It's strange, you try to involve newbies, but don't want to share info...  Huh

dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »

Nierth, you are nice girl, and you always say:

let s give all to everyone...!!! YEAH LET S GIVE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO ALL.

why not? you should give something to get more... if we will hoarde our treasures, greate secrets of Solace, quests, maps and keep it only for ourselves - newbies will spit at us and stop playing...

and noone want to give ALL to EVERYONE... it s impossible to give newbies experience and knowledge and skills of play fast...

just we still can give SOMETHING to EVERYONE... just make happy not only experienced teams who know how to make themselves happy without any HELP. but NEWBIES - they need help. REALLY.

i dont want to start complains about how ppl gather good things... nowadays... but i just wish all newbies have at least something interesting, to make their damned poor life more funny, joyously, etc
to they stay with us, and get stronger...

or you prefer - let s only experienced players (not all of them still have ability to have anything usefull) who have good teams have all treasures. have power to find and use anything good...

it will make such greate interesting world, FOR WHOM??? if for those experienced players - ok... but then we should close our world. and honestly say to newbies - you are nothing, and if you have nt good team or more then 5 years of REALLY HARD WORKING here - you will not get anything at all.
jemma
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 02:39:32 pm »

Forgive me... but.. if Jemma was not able... it doesnt prove anything. *smirk* I know guy who now after playing for 3-4 months may be more experienced than many (me including).

And I think that person should play and learn and after that he will reach something. Knowledge (read - areas, items, fight tactic, tricks and so on) is like reward.

Let's give everything to everybody... What will we be striving for?

Yes, that is right. It proves nothing, because I am an old lady without brains. So few brains that I play Solace it seems  Huh

The POINT to my post was to encourage newbies to EXPLORE, because that is how I have discovered things. When I first started, I would group, but sometimes people just didn't have the time or patience to teach newbies where to find things. And because of what I was going through in RL with the death of my son, I couldn't be bothered or concentrate to explore and discover what made the world tick!!

Solace was just a way of shutting down for me. SO I didn't care too hoots. Now I explore. Well, I used to explore on my own when I played. Or with Xire when he lived. I am sure you will find there a many players who still do not know where everything is found. Not just me!

I think as mature people, we could at least be civil to one another, even if you have a grief against someone. Put the childish words and actions away. Lets just get on with playing, and exploring, and discovering the wonders of the world.

Solace IS an exciting game. It is an exciting world. And when you discover for yourself where things are, that's even better. I liked the list of items on the Unofficial Site, as it showed what could be found. Not necessarily WHERE it could be found.

*removes the daggers from her back and prepares to go and comfort grieving daughter*
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 03:17:24 pm »

I do not understand the problem, check here - http://www.qhcf.net/cgi-box/newitems/searchitems.pl (500kb)

PS. Sorry Nierth but you talking sh**t  (no insult)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 03:20:31 pm by myx0m0p » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 03:18:31 pm »

I didt say anything about unofficial, but still it doesnt matter for me.
We have topic with basic eq, perhaps some day we will have maps of cities or something like it.

My smile is sad.. yelling to help newbies... and after that log in, who pk - Go!
You're so cute...

Jemma, I meant not you personally but just you like example: if one couldnt, it doesnt mean that we should load this list. That's all. Ah, yes.. you words about ~somebody forgets~. Fire, dont touch or will get burned. But at least, we have one common - you do understand that there is no good game without exploring.

But I still insist. I think that Immortals should not reveal such information.
list of eq... vulnerabilities of mobs.. map of Edges... nothing to do, nothing to seek..sand-box.. Immortals will give you everything and you will ask more and more. Damn, I dont want such future for Solace.

Where is the sense?! What for will you play then?!

You may do everything you want, make 1000 unofficial sites, but why do you ask it for official permission and help?

Извините, добавлю по-русски. Это такая новая мода говорить гадость и писать ~ну только без обид~? А если я пошлю и скажу ~ну без обид~, вы пойдете?

myx0m0p, there are no any word about where to get these items! and (as I was just told) it's far away from good eq there and this list is being changed.
Almost all these items are from well known areas (like areas where we used to grow up). ~Thanks to one well-known cf-player for information.~
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 03:30:01 pm by Nierth » Logged
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 04:16:23 pm »

myx0m0p, there are no any word about where to get these items! and (as I was just told) it's far away from good eq there and this list is being changed.
Almost all these items are from well known areas (like areas where we used to grow up). ~Thanks to one well-known cf-player for information.~

"well known areas" well known by "well-known cf-player" or well known by cf newbie?

Sometimes at the item description you can find an Area name where item from, sometime mob. But this little information helps me very MUCH when I strated cf. And there was one more nifty site with alot of maps (Diku mud?), unfortunately this site is down now.
Without that info, I doubt, I can start to play there (anyhow I do not play there now, cause I've not enough time)
unreal
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 04:20:50 pm »

muxomop
www.qhcf.net - is not official site of CF.
If you want to post base of equipment - create your own site about solace and post there this damned base of clothes.  Angry
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 04:29:04 pm »

anreal
I know it, but I have not that damned list, if anyone can post it to me I'll create unofficial site for sure.
btw what makes you so angry? info sharing?
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 04:34:25 pm »

Well-known by everybody.

We have in newbie section topic with all good eq which help newbie to start up.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 04:41:05 pm »

Short: necklace of prayer beads
Names: necklace prayer beads
Type: armor, Wear: neck
Flags: glow bless anti_evil
Weight: 1, Value: 25000, Level: 60
Material: silver
Armor: 1 1 1 12
Affect: hp 15
Affect: mana 15
Special: Cast dispel evil in combat

or

Short: the Amulet of Sekhtan-Rah
Names: gold cobra amulet
Type: armor, Wear: neck
Flags: none
Weight: 3 lbs 0 oz, Value: 25000, Level: 60
Material: gold
Armor: 0
Affect: save vs paralysis -10
Affect: mana 50
Special: unknown (Shawtabies, yes?)

Do you think that its newbie eq? How it can be compare with our newbie list gear (This list Solan wrote , yes?)
unreal
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 04:41:52 pm »

anreal
I know it, but I have not that damned list, if anyone can post it to me I'll create unofficial site for sure.
btw what makes you so angry? info sharing?

Im not angry, but posting base of items on official site is total bullsh*t.
If you havent this base - try to gather it? You're playing solace so you have all chances to create your own base and post it later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length