Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:02:42 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Official Site
| | |-+  Resurrect old items list?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Resurrect old items list?  (Read 27142 times)
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2006, 04:53:52 pm »

Sure, post base of the items at the official is totally bullsh*t.

This topic is about resurrect old item list, right? So, why you or anyone who have it cannot just provide it? I cannot understand.
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2006, 05:02:42 pm »

Player-driven community site.
You can have all maps, item lists, nonmoderated forums where you don't get banned for offending us, everything you want.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2006, 05:07:35 pm »

Player-driven community site.
You can have all maps, item lists, nonmoderated forums where you don't get banned for offending us, everything you want.

Respect!

I have a suggestion. I can code a simple base of eq. Anyone can add an item to this db.

And about unofficial site, contact me about it. I can make all code work.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2006, 10:22:31 pm »

I can tell WHERE to get some good stuff but 95% of newbies will just die at outskirts of that area!
To get a good stuff, you'll need to be AN EXPERIENCED player!
You will need the knowledge at approaching and slaying mobs for stuff.

I'll recommend a new player to create GOOD-aligned chars as they can simply request items. And group with clerics to cure/dispel maladictions/remove curse from some mobs to request items.

I acted simple: explored an area (For example, Tower of High Sorcery) and look-look-look at everyone! Pretty soon you will gather enough knowledge to know what and where to get. And DON'T forget to group! It increases chances to survive greatly!

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Proph

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2006, 11:43:10 pm »

I'm getting completely owned by all the russian in this thread  Cool

I also agree that exploring is incredibly important. Remember in my post where I said even though I looked at the list I would use all the IC help I could get and try to find stuff on my own? I would get NO WHERE without IC help, but it was nice to be able to help myself by knowing a bit about the equipment too. Sometimes I would see an item I had never heard of and then get online and ask people if they knew how to find such a thing (and I don't consider it improper ooc/ic relation as the same could happen if someone just found out about the Takhisis clan or anything else). There's just too much possible good use for a list like this to have!

myx0m0p I like your idea a lot, I'll definitely contribute to that base, if the immortals won't release a list.

Should this topic be moved since it no longer really cocerns the official site?

Nothing is too much to hope for.
ORKAN
High Member

Fire and Water, Earth and Air ...

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2006, 05:17:57 pm »

Smiley Greetings everyone!  Smiley

While I wish to really thank Solace creators for creating a really exciting and fun world and to congratulate Immortals on keeping it working (remember many of them read this forum on daily basis and work on the site for NO PAY!!!), I still strongly wish to adress all on this topic.

Existing Newbie Guides are a great plus of course but not enough. If you want truly to make Solace Newbie-friendly then ASK THE NEWBIES what they need and want. That is the only RIGHT way. Not what immortals think, not what experienced players think but the ones who need help.

Just to be clear; Excuse of the type: "I didnt had that and I did Ok" are NOT acceptable.

Sorry but that reminds me of mine father saying: "I didnt have a computer in mine days so why do you need it. I had fun with mine friends in other ways. So should you!"

Once more I want to warn you!!! Many people have gone, experienced players and friends to all. And many more will. Because of the game (the ones that get to stressed or to pissed to play) and of their life duties (marriage, moving, new job ....). Such is a way of the world.

And if you dont attract new players this MUD will slowly but surely die out.

About the topic
Thanks to the Newbie Guides i have played succesfully three diferent characters over 20th level. I learned a lot. How to do combat (PK included), a lot about different areas, and know almost all the equipment most people wear until 25 level. As where to find them and what they do. Of course i didnt remember at first what items do so i copied the ones I identified ... acceptable or not it was neccecary for me. And it helped A LOT.
Now I'm pretty much stuck tagging along more experienced players to get to know the rest and it is a slow, rather boring process (and if someone reply to this so did i and so should you i hope lightning strikes him). It would be very useful to lead new players over this gap too. Where to find better equipment and challnges. This item list can only help. Make it or make and unofficial site. But work together.

Just so you know I still feel like an outsider, and I think that is what is waxing many players. Since I have this feeling that this MUD is kept for elite players only who use it to play in clans and PK amongs each other.  Stop making it a private playground for a couple of players unwilling to share!!!

And belive it or not you do that!

P.S. And for God sake type ENGLISH on this list. I can understand half of what you are saying (similar language) and gettin really *@^%&!%@ about it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:32:16 pm by ORKAN » Logged

To make peace, one must first find the peace within.
jemma
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2006, 02:01:44 pm »

Change the yellow please Smiley And yes, this is English site, but sometimes, the Russian readers find it difficult to express themselves in English. Smiley So, be patient Wink otherwise, just hide the vodka from them  Grin
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2006, 02:43:27 pm »

Aye, when they are just BLOWN up by their expressions, they start to speak native language Wink

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Sirrion

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 10:13:49 pm »

Hrm. Short time before I was totally against this idea, but, your arguments seem to be reasonable.

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/items.php

You may start filling and testing it, tell me what do you want to be added also.

P.S. Darn, respect your brothers-sisters, stop talking in Russian on English boards.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:16:27 pm by Sirrion » Logged

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
jemma
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 11:42:02 pm »

Hrm. Short time before I was totally against this idea, but, your arguments seem to be reasonable.

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/items.php

You may start filling and testing it, tell me what do you want to be added also.

P.S. Darn, respect your brothers-sisters, stop talking in Russian on English boards.

Cool, neat even. Smiley
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2006, 12:06:33 am »

*frowns unhappily*
I still think that it's wrong.

PS deleted post on russian *peers at Sirrion*
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:02:53 am by Nierth » Logged
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2006, 12:22:20 am »

anybody have big list? i am just have nt such...

it s still difficult to add big list here, need to add item by item.
Proph

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2006, 01:48:25 am »

Wow, thanks Sirrion.

I love how the immortals on this MUD will carefully way things out and then make a decision based on the evidence and opinions presented.

-=Two thumbs WAY UP!!=-

Proph

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2006, 07:38:33 am »

I just want to advise anyone that adds to the item list to not post if you are only using the "lore" skill and not the "identify" spell, and also to search for the item or there could potentially be DOZENS of duplicates!

I would also like to ask the immortals if there is a link to this thing other than this thread. Is there?

Sirrion

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 10:28:07 am »

*fondly fondles Nierth*

There will be a link from the site when this thing is filled a bit.

Holtrou

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2006, 12:45:08 pm »

May be will be better to create good code of PHP witch will add descriptions that not in base already?
I have this code. It add only new descriptions to the base MySQl from file. It allow to edit descriptions, add area, mobs, addition affects. it allow to find decriptions by group, slot, type of damage etc. Are you interested in this code? I can finish it and send it to e-mail if you want with my base MySQL. There are something about 700 things in base now and half of them have area and mob.
jemma
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2006, 01:13:02 pm »

Thank you ORKAN. Green is better  Smiley Sirrion is IMM and he knows best. Good decision Smiley
Ares

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 03:39:38 pm »

Tried to test that new database, seems to be a bug with this list, identifies are cut cruelly, although added in full, like this:

"A warm wave of magic flows through your hands as you perceive that..
.. this object, a serpent-headed steel ring, is armor,
   and can be referred to as 'black ring serpentine'.
It is of 21st level, weighs 1 pound, and is worth 40 gold.
You can wear it on your finger.
It cannot be used by those of pure soul.
Armor class bonus: 5 vs pierce, 5 vs bash, 5 vs slash, and 5 vs magic.
When worn, it
   modifies fortitude save by 1
   modifies will save by 2
   modifies hit roll by 2
   modifi"

Did anybody else test it or add anything?
jemma
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 03:53:05 pm »

Tried to test that new database, seems to be a bug with this list, identifies are cut cruelly, although added in full, like this:

"A warm wave of magic flows through your hands as you perceive that..
.. this object, a serpent-headed steel ring, is armor,
   and can be referred to as 'black ring serpentine'.
It is of 21st level, weighs 1 pound, and is worth 40 gold.
You can wear it on your finger.
It cannot be used by those of pure soul.
Armor class bonus: 5 vs pierce, 5 vs bash, 5 vs slash, and 5 vs magic.
When worn, it
   modifies fortitude save by 1
   modifies will save by 2
   modifies hit roll by 2
   modifi"

Did anybody else test it or add anything?

Yes, same thing here. I added stats for a robe, and it seems to have deleted the endings too. Maybe doesn't allow for lengthy stats?
Sirrion

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 05:05:39 pm »

Fixed, thanks for report.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length