Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:20:24 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  24 Fighter vs Two Knights(23+)(question for Gods within)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 24 Fighter vs Two Knights(23+)(question for Gods within)  (Read 16139 times)
Rual

« on: April 28, 2007, 01:57:13 pm »

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/logs/lview2.php?log=106

Matthew

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 02:31:03 pm »

Well, divine power means godly power(regardless of alignment), and not magic power.
But if you intend your character to be a heretic then you are suppose to be against the gods as well and shouldnt use divine power or wrath weapons i think.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
kepasa
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 03:07:57 pm »

i see no bad in heretics using weapons of different damtyope.
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 06:55:04 pm »

This point was sort of contested for a good while.  Now heretics "purify" changes certain damtypes to sound more heretic-y. (Divine Power changes to Zealous Rage if I remember right, for example).  Maybe you can ask a heretic to purify for you?

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful.
The wizard who memorizes a thousand books is insane.
Kolin
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 07:43:08 pm »

i see no bad in heretics using weapons of different damtyope.

It's not about damtype its about RP. Why would herecy call on a gods power to aid them?

But Khant is not heretic yet so he can do whatever he wants. He just won't become herecy with actions like that. I doubt imms would punish though when he is not even a member.
Raider
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 12:46:43 pm »

why Vlor didnt fall of bashed horse?
Matthew

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 12:48:28 pm »

It doesnt always happen with trip either.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 01:30:19 am »

I think the real question is how a 24 level heretic-wannabe-fighter got hold of such an axe? Found it on the ground?.... Tongue

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 06:57:34 am »

Mob with it hits hard, but has lowish hp and no sanc, so it's possible. Wink

Rual

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 09:58:57 am »

I think the real question is how a 24 level heretic-wannabe-fighter got hold of such an axe? Found it on the ground?.... Tongue

No.  I got it at rank 20-22 I think.
Fortunately monsters in Solace regenerate very slow, this monster sits in the room with a door. And boneshattering it, makes it lose an axe. Backhanding in defense with toughen (if I had it that time) makes miracles.
I do not know who you are, but I would say being so suspicious to everyone shows your real nature.
Whoever knows me, can admit - I always hated cheat and never (at least after first couple years of game) cheat myself. (including our russian famous friends-item-transfering and so on)
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:44:20 am »

Holy power killed knights... I got pleasure to look on it again...

sh*t happens...
Illieta
High Member

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 07:56:54 pm »

Vlor says, 'Perhaps gods will punish.
Vlor says, 'Souls.
Vlor says, 'Who use divine power.
Vlor says, 'And claim to hate magic. ------------------ Divine is not magic.
Vlor says, 'If i were god.' ------------------------------- WAS Smiley
Vlor says, 'And saw you useing that weapon. -----C'mon, even I can write it better Smiley
Vlor says, 'And claiming to hate magic.'
Vlor says, 'Boy.'
Vlor says, 'You would suffer. ---------------------------Yea solace RP at his best Smiley

So Rual I recommend you to ignore yet another moron, who has no idea about roleplay and actualy went out of his role if he has any?? Smiley As for divine power I think it is light/positive damage type and I do not see anything between axe you use and God's power Smiley
Rialon

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 08:41:26 pm »

I could swear it is 'were' Roll Eyes.
Anyways, what does bad english have to do with the subject?
IMHO, Heretic wannabe must have a hard life- no potions, no travelling with mages/priests (and at least leave groups whenever someone is casting) and no special weapons (divine is divine and not slash). Maybe purging by a Heretic member will solve this issue.
Illieta
High Member

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 08:59:51 pm »

I could swear it is 'were' Roll Eyes.
Anyways, what does bad english have to do with the subject?
You are right about english.
[/quote]

IMHO, Heretic wannabe must have a hard life- no potions, no travelling with mages/priests (and at least leave groups whenever someone is casting) and no special weapons (divine is divine and not slash). Maybe purging by a Heretic member will solve this issue.
[/quote]
 And you not right about divine power at least from my point of view. IMHO heretics wanna be already has hard life with no potions, healers, and traveling with mages/priests.. at least some of them Smiley.
I do not really see point of strange idea what weapon with damage type divine(LIGHT) has something to do with Gods/Magic. I do not see your point really. But even if solace got some strange ideas about it, how someone who miss that change or newbie can know it?? For example I came back to solace from CF who  has much higher rp standarts but there were no any problems with heretics/divine weapons.
Woland
High Member

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 10:19:11 pm »

Not that I care but "divine power" means literally "божественная сила". Wink

Я избегаю людей. Выкурите еще...
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 03:49:13 pm »

"Divine" means godly, or of god... So it has something to do with gods... And the thing about Herecy is not that that they not only hate magic, but hate followers and the gods themselves.

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 07:37:50 pm »

For example I came back to solace from CF who  has much higher rp standarts but there were no any problems with heretics/divine weapons.

If I recall correctly, in CF the Ragers fight against mages only (though they restrict themselves to minor clerical blessings, but still don't hate them outright), whereas in Solace they're against mages and clerics both, like Deda said.

Again though, this discussion has gone on before, the result of which was changing of damtype when weapons are purged.  The problem, then, is in a heretic applicant using them, rather than a heretic.  Maybe allow the barbarian to purge weapons for a fee or something? Wink Or maybe it's just a hardship to endure if you want to join heretics, that you have to wait until you're in to use nice weapons.

Matthew

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 12:56:08 am »

Since ever only ever joined Solamnia, what happens to all magic items the applicant is wearing when he/she is inducted?

Illieta
High Member

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 01:44:01 am »

Since ever only ever joined Solamnia, what happens to all magic items the applicant is wearing when he/she is inducted?

They need to be purged.
Matthew

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 01:59:01 am »

Seems like it is acceptable to use magical or godly items before joining Heretics. . . I thought it must be hard to avoid such items when your not a heretic having need to use magic to see 'magic flag', but i never liked heretics using divine or wrath or elemental damage type weapons.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length