Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:30:46 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  More action
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: More action  (Read 45918 times)
Maerryji
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 08:56:36 pm »

Maybe it's little offtopic but I like Raider's idea to change guardians. Add them some general-purpose power, but remove some of power against criminals.

Just one thing may be enough: remove locating of criminals. And force guardians to look for them, not wait on MS.
Then it will be a clan with hard (sometimes dangerous) duties and those who go there deserve some nice powers. Maybe a 100-hours cumulative affect as a reward for punishing criminals (by yourself or your special guards)? Though would be hard to prevent abuse.

May help PK action somewhat if there are 2-3 criminals in the realm most of time.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:02:47 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Raider
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:36 pm »

remove autoattack of mobguards - very annoying and useless for a criminal.
and make alertness and special guards work only in cities.
Maerryji
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 09:17:56 pm »

> remove autoattack of mobguards - very annoying and useless for a criminal.

Annoying, but above 20th rank not so dangerous. And seems correct in all senses. (But: Arkham and Nethosak should be protected by guards obeying DHL rather than Guardians or not protected at all.)

>and make alertness and special guards work only in cities.
Special guards now seem correct as well. And are necessary to punish out-PK.
So a 25-th rank killer can feel safe once he makes one step out of city gates? Looks like nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:21:24 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Raider
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2008, 09:22:38 pm »

I mean, i wont become a criminal, because those mobguards are very annoying even if they dont do any harm and in most cases i cant avoid passing through cities, so cant avoid annoyance.
And since guardian has shackles+endless special guards anywhere - its a 100% death sooner or later. Even if guardian dies.

And what is nonsense of feeling safe outside of city? besides there could be 21-29 rank guardians.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:26:10 pm by Raider » Logged
Maerryji
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:34 pm »

Итак, Рей... Родион Романович Раскольников ограбил и убил Алену Ивановну. Был вычислен Порфирием Петровичем. В компании оперативных сотрудников тот отправляется осуществлять арест, выясняет, что преступник только что скрылся, и догоняет его у границы санкт-петербуржского административного округа. Родион Романович стоит у знака Санкт-Петербург и счастливо машет ручкой Порфирию Петровичу.

It seems to me better to force criminals hide somewhere, maybe sometimes trying to strike back... Then Guardians will really need a clan (the more members they have, the safer are cities), not just 1-2 members like now.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:41:53 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Raider
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2008, 09:47:39 pm »

/sigh

not everything can be mirrored in real life..

change "St-P border" on "Russia border" - and bingo, we have a safe criminal waving a hand.

I just stated that i wont break laws if i have choise, since the consequences are not worth it.
And since there are no (CRIMINAL) tags in realm, other players think the same.

The point of guardians are safe cities, not safe wilderness.

moq
Lifetime Member

IRC pet priest

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:57 pm »

>>Arkham and Nethosak should be protected by guards obeying DHL

a good idea! "you cant kill everything you want here. all murders here are commiting by order of Her Majesty. and now you will die"  Cool

We will descend
On anyone unable to defend
Themselves
Maerryji
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2008, 09:57:05 pm »

To Raider:

Cityguards are not so annoying. If I have a good chance to kill and loot an enemy having something I'd like to gain, I will try. These are Guardians with unnoticeable eagle eye who stop me.

Russia border? Well... maybe you would like gate guards to check your passport before allowing you to leave city?

To moq:

It's rather like "By your actions you have insulted Her Majesty, scum. Now all those obeying Her will hunt you anywhere they notice you."
Upd.: Obeying DHL means obeying completely different laws, not a mirrored copy of Guardians' laws.
But instead of implementing these laws imms can just give DHL (and Keeper of the Book) a power to label enemies so that evil cities' guards will attack them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:22:48 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:51 pm »

- thanks for adding some ideas ... as usual constructive Roll Eyes

I was afraid of Kiri coming in and saying 'FNR' Smiley

--
Some classes suffer much greater penalty being undergeared (i.e. thieves, assassins) - they have to wear eq for saves, hp, damroll... and it's not possible to dress (for example) thief in nonlimited eq for 40 saves - so losing eq means you'll be meat...
While all mages wear eq just for hp and saves

p.s. I quite enjoy PK with nonlimited eq Smiley

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Maerryji
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2008, 10:36:09 pm »

Any static restrictions on looting will make PK non-adrenalin and boring. Maybe some dynamic restrictions (like: you cannot be fully looted if you are killed when fought 1 vs 2) would be nice, but I don't see how could they be implemented.

I like the idea of non-eq (or person-bound eq) rewards for good PK performance. Will also encourage people to post more logs.

You have been KILLED!!

outfit
Lunitari sends you a shimmering ring with a flickering red stone you've just lost.
Hiddukel sends you a shield with an attacking cobra engraved on it you've just lost.
Hiddukel sends you a dimly shimmering green eye you've just lost.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:57:33 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2008, 11:55:32 pm »

Err, would you post ideas instead of discussing Guards? Stick to the topic, please.
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2008, 11:56:21 pm »

what a crap  Undecided
just read it again.. and stop it.

For the darkness! Angry
Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 12:07:02 am »

what a crap  Undecided
just read it again.. and stop it.
Прекрати плакать:
   (7)  Clan members are only permitted to attack their own outer or inner guard for
        specific roleplaying purposes. Guards should NEVER be attacked in order to avoid
        being raided, or re-raided. Such actions are subject to removal from the clan.
        In general, your inner/outer guard is your ally, and you should expend a reasonable
        degree of effort to not harm it.
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 12:46:37 am »

Я допускаю что ты намного умнее меня, и в инглише рубиш круче. Сути это не меняет. Суть в том что все о чем я говорил этому имморталу сбылось с точностью до 0,0000001%. А плачут тут все выше отписавшиеся, и уж никак не я. Меня устраивает все как есть на данный момент, целиком и полностью. Просто если меня еще раз подобным образом отбреют - я забью, и так уже особого желания нету. Я не против "енфорса рп", я против идиотизма.

For the darkness! Angry
Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 01:03:15 am »

Просто если меня еще раз подобным образом отбреют - я забью, и так уже особого желания нету.
Если нету желания - забивай. Чего ставить условия-то? Всё, вернёмся к теме обсуждения, твоя точка зрения всем понятна.
Maerryji
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 01:27:11 am »

Primary idea behind discussing Guardians wasn't offtopic. Make them less deadly to criminals => more kills in cities => more criminals => possible "criminals vs Justice" wars and so on.

I don't think anything should be changed about looting-limited items stripping and so on. I don't think prohibitive rules/changes on "quit" (longer adrenalin etc) will improve PK.
What I think could be done is encouraging of PK by making common to reward it (OOC rewards like PKillers chart, non-eq rewards like additional skills or tasty books, person-bound eq like one usually given for outstanding RP now). Then a "christmas tree" will have reasons to fight against two half-naked marauders even if there's nothing to loot from them.
Matthew

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:59 am »

Hey im a christmas tree and I fight! I just have no one to fight right now... Glorg was the last 'fight' i had it consisted of me smashing him with my mace him running to palanthas, where i chased him and wall'd him into the dark temple with me. Smashed his head, he fled and teleported. Glorg the outcast knight = under-geared(he did not have chromatic armor) = quitted. Even though when Glorg HAD the chromatic armor he quit every time i logged one of my clerics (which was probably smart cause I WAS hunting him Smiley )

I see some other problems, clans are allowed to make treaties or have treaties forced apon them. Currently the warders get to attack a clan that is empty 90% of the time, and when it has a member online 90% of the time its not a hero. I would have thought the cities would be the warders #1 enemy, the tower mages the #2 enemy and dragonarmy last. But we are currently at war with only the dragonarmy.

Lets talk about shrines, cause i equate shrine == immortal interaction, most people think they are alone, it seems to me now if i don't write a role im not paid any attention and no immortal interacts, unless i join a clan. Then immortal interacts to induct, and now and then for small reasons. But im not a sit down and make up a 20 pages story of my imaginary characters imaginary past life kind of person.

Most characters aren't clanned and never meet an immortal in any way. The only time this wipe one of my unclanned characters ever interacted with an immortal was when i was drunk and did something naughty...  Grin

Last wipe i had an unclanned kender ranger which was good neutral that spent 99% of its life in the trolls/naga/bears area slaying naga/trolls etc and protecting the bears which ended up a full time war against the dragonarmy, Chislev use to come and chat and it was cool but, my kender was good neutral, it should have been Habbakuk! Eventually the clanned minotaur i fought with most of the time got to strong for unclanned little me who never stopped protecting the glades! And then unfortunately i lost my internet for sometime and solace wiped...

But my point is how many people are currently Tattooed? 1. A pacifist cleric. 2 Possibly still, a newbie outcast knight whos name i forget and 3 Alhana. That is of course if they still exsist seeing as they haven't been seen in weeks.... It sucks that there seems to be such a limitation on who can be tattooed, if peoples characters are so unsuitable why bother with shrines at all? The only way people will learn the ways you like each specific RP'd is if you tell them... Shrines are the other spice and no one is getting any...

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Matthew

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 01:46:34 am »

I had one idea to stop clanned quitters who are suppose to reraid, Eject them from their clan hall and disallow them entry to guilds on game entry. They either have to wait for adrenalin to wear off outside of clan hall or they have to reraid. Also since im not sure if they do but the outer guard should tell who has taken the clan power then seeing as you wouldnt be able to get to your inner.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:49:16 am by Matthew » Logged

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 03:03:45 am »

- Loot command

Kill Knucklehead
Knucklehead is DEAD

>look corpse
a corpse contains :
300 gold
Elite gear
Elite gear
limited gear
limited gear
junk
junk
junk
crap
crap
> loot Knucklehead corpse

You grab wildly at knuckleheads possessions
you Got! 200 gold
junk
elite gear
elite gear
crap
limited gear
>affects

You are affected by the following :
loot remorse affecting you for 1 hour

>loot knucklehead corpse
You feel way too bad about desecrating his corpse to do that

- something like that...get 4-5 random items.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
ezus

Yeah , don't cross my path

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 03:18:34 am »

Summary of above: NO NEED ANY CHANGES Undecided

з.ы. А то на шею сядут... Grin
з.ы.ы. Лучше над скиллами/спеллами подумать, чем ревампить шмот, делать рестрикты на лут и прочую риальную хуету.

Red-white destiny.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length