Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:07:49 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  RolePlay - level 100
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RolePlay - level 100  (Read 15198 times)
Ridgeway

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 05:32:45 pm »

When I say talking like a retard, your first language has nothing to do with that.

Say greetings instead of hello. Lets go grow instead of going leveling or ranking, ask what path I walk instead of just asking for my alignment. Asking if someone will take blows instead of tank.That's simply switching words out. Which sounds retarded but does signify half ass attempt at role play so we all do it. And it sounds like we are all retarded. It also isn't the only element of role play. It's defined by speech actions and everything else about your character.

Proph

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »

When I say talking like a retard, your first language has nothing to do with that.

Say greetings instead of hello. Lets go grow instead of going leveling or ranking, ask what path I walk instead of just asking for my alignment. Asking if someone will take blows instead of tank.That's simply switching words out. Which sounds retarded but does signify half ass attempt at role play so we all do it. And it sounds like we are all retarded. It also isn't the only element of role play. It's defined by speech actions and everything else about your character.

Well that makes a lot more sense and I completely agree with you (although I wouldn't even credit those people with a half-assed attempt at RP). If you were a little more articulate instead of constantly using insulting language people would get a lot more out of your posts.

I always try to justify what I'm saying in the context of RP. Like if I want someone to turn OOC channel on so I can help them with the game, I say something like "do you speak of things beyond this realm?" or referring to triggers in my mud client I call them "reflexes". Usually it takes some effort and creativity, but imho it really enhances the experience when people RP.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:18 pm »

If you were a little more articulate instead of constantly using insulting language people would get a lot more out of your posts.

Yes yes yessss

Like if I want someone to turn OOC channel on so I can help them with the game, I say something like "do you speak of things beyond this realm?"
Already know who you are!  Grin

And PS: Ridgeway, I don't think what you call as "sounding retarded" constitutes as a valid RP on its own, but I do think no valid RP goes without it, for it helps to create the necessary psychological environment or state to get in character. But, again... that, on its own, is not RP. I agree with that, and I do think mostly anybody would.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:57:22 pm by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Ridgeway

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »

Yes I suppose it might enhance the experience. I try and stay IC when I use say. If I'm in Group chat or tells I just say what I need to say. Especially if I'm trying to help someone. To me if it's public sight it should be role played. If it's private it shouldn't matter.

Once again it's all interpretation until Imms give us defined rules. Unless I missed reading a rule somewhere. Which is possible.
Proph

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:05 pm »

I've been playing off and on since 2001, and it has always been my impression that if it's not prayed or in OOC channel it needs to be RP'd. I've been accused of taking this game too seriously before though, so maybe I'm interpreting it too strictly.

Matthew

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 06:38:09 pm »

Nope thats pretty much how I treat it too

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 06:56:52 pm »

If I am not mistaken, helpfile states that even Pray is RP-only. To speak with imms out of RP, you are supposed to use Immreport.

(edited)
Yep, just checked:

Keywords: 'Pray', 'Immreport'
-------------------------------

Syntax: pray <message>
           immreport <message>

1. PRAY command should be used only for roleplaying purposes (as in,
      a priest praying to his God) -- you may get a reply on it or you
      may not -- what do you expect from prayers? Miracles? However,
      all adequate prayers are considered a part of your role.

2. On the other hand, there is IMMREPORT command -- which should be
      used for OOC purposes only -- that is, reporting bugs, asking any
      engine-related questions or reporting rules breaking.

If you get no immediate response, please keep patient and repeat
      the report in, say, fifteen minutes. If we can't reply you, it
      means we are really busy or we are not available.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Proph

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »

I didn't know IMMREPORT was still used. I use pray for reporting cheaters, asking questions about the MUD etc and no Imms seem to mind.

Ridgeway

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 08:14:01 pm »

The way I take it, since tells and group chat are directly anti to then why rp when I use them. There is no good role play explaination as to why you can talk to someone standing at the crossroads from palanthas ms. No explanation as to how you talk to your groupmates in Group chat when your character is asleep.

So technically we should only use say and yell from a role play perspective. However we all bend the rules to suit our own situation. Hence we need clear cut rules from Immortals on RP. To me that's a bigger topic than some bullsh*t item transferring multicharring etc. Simply because we are listed as a Role play Mud first and PVP mud second.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 09:24:30 pm »

I love our guys sense of humor. Thanks Wink
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 09:28:54 pm »

Almost all my friends in game always communicated like that. Using all these words, etc. but role play is not the way you are talking, it's the way you are thinking.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:34:04 pm by Nierth » Logged
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 03:41:50 am »

- Yes using words isn't the only way to RP... and it is harder and more difficult to RP then to not...I think that's obvious.  But not using words or actions to RP isn't RP either.  Someone posted something and if you really didn't care you wouldn't have said anything. 

- You are just jumping on my case because I RP?  Be proud of however you play I say... and you don't have to get so defensive.  Talking is just one part of RP you have to talk the talk and walk the walk imo.  Kazo had to fight guardians, solamnics, heretics, takh and even some wardens when RP forced it ...every annoying trash thief/assassin/kbaot's  Cool  .  So my "talking" funny got me into many battles and Kazo's RP bought him constant ethical fights he had to do.... it would be easy to do what ever I wanted of course... some choose that a lot.

-  Where is Hansen was it?  at least he used to keep you more in line I remember.  Your just all bitter and disgruntled as I read back posts and forum threads catching up.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Dilmo

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2014, 05:56:28 am »

What a nice discussion.

Actually I decided to post that log on forum because I found it very funny
Rp like "I will not use magic, cause I promised not to do that to Heretics when they accepted me in"
looks rather childish to me...
It sounds like
"Please get me in CIA, cause one arabian spy kicked my ass in the bar once. And I will never share any secret that you tell me with anyone, well at lease I will try to do that.... Ple-e-e-a-a-ase ? Smiley"

Very funny, indeed Smiley
Dilmo

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 05:58:55 am »

And several days later....

With a serious face without even shadow of a smile:
'I am CIA agent... I can't share secrets with you, cause I promised not to. I will not break my word'..

Ridgeway

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 06:32:47 am »

Bitter? What's there to be bitter about? No one bothers me in game. I kind of just stick to myself and mind my own business. I have nothing to be bitter about.

Also Hansen RPs better than I do. I'm not especially good at it cause I don't f*cking care about RP in general. I do it when needs be. IE getting into a clan. Otherwise I do what I do. Does it mean I can't RP? No. I can if I try. I just see no reason in doing it. Kinda pointless to me. However I will do when it's warranted.

I'm well aware you are considered a decent roleplayer. I wasn't playing much when Kazo hit his stride.

Hell if it wasn't for Hansen and Haston I wouldn't play now. However they enjoy the game and I enjoy playing Solace with them
when we all can play.

As far caring. No I don't care about everyone's opinions. You can all hate me dislike me love me or whatever you want to feel about me.
However I'm going to say something
when people start talking sh*t without knowing what's going on. Or
when someone tries to tell me how my character should be played. It isn't your character to worry about, it's the Immortals job to worry about what I'm doing. So unless your name is Hiddukel or Sirrion, you can go play in traffic, or fall down some steps, when it comes to talking about what I need to do with my character in game.

Damn for once I can't say anything to Unreal. He didn't say anything but Oh Dear once I commented. He kept his half a cent to himself. I'm surprised.

Please dont assume you know sh*t about me Kage. I'm not as nice as Hansen. I wasn't jumping your case because you RP. I called you out because you assumed you had some right to comment about a character you know nothing about. Like you get to be RP Police because you had good RP with Kazo. I've already gotten into it several times with Unreal so I pretty much just don't comment back to him and O ignore him for the most part. Suppose I'll just do the same with you. 

Also Dilmo, no one kicked my ass. I said I died to a mage. Did you forget there are sh*t tons of npc casters in game? I can go facecheck Kith-Kanan anytime and die on purpose to have a RP excuse to hate Mages. Could use Red Robed Mage, Witches in Emerald Forest, etc. Once again this is why I say anything. People talking sh*t about stuff they don't know. Evandar hasn't died to a player. I got over getting mad about PK deaths a long time ago. So no that isn't what happened. Also how you gonna ask me to group with you today? I'm not gonna group with Korli. You are a whiny bitch in my opinion. Yes I forgot you were a transmuter yesterday when I said I'd group with you. I seem to have associated Korli with being a ranger. I wont forget again.
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 06:49:29 am »

For the darkness! Angry
Dilmo

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 06:53:38 am »

Also Dilmo, no one kicked my ass. I said I died to a mage. Did you forget there are sh*t tons of npc casters in game? I can go facecheck Kith-Kanan anytime and die on purpose to have a RP excuse to hate Mages.

Relax, that was just an example...
Childish, as I told before... Smiley
Did not mean to offend you, that was rather funny. And you are wrong about me whining, There is nothing to whine about.. just funny
Dilmo

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 06:55:28 am »

Nice video, Unreal, straight to the point.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:36 am »

- its just bizarre...to run your mouth and call out whoever"..then try and say dont talk about you or your character...just hush and go sit somewhere.

P.s.. Hansen come get your boy

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Ridgeway

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 07:55:00 am »

Reading is fundamental. I didnt say don't talk about me. I said don't tell me what to do with my character and don't think you know me. There is a difference. If you can't read and comprehend what people have said don't comment.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length